a friend asked me to recap his radio
put a new volt regulator in it
do a tx mod light

what size caps ? same ones?

volt reg? 12 volt?

how do i do the mod light ive seen numerous radio shops do it

the caveman
08-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Probably should go with the same size caps. That's what I would do if replacing some.

6string
08-06-2013, 01:16 PM
that what I thought i just gotta find out the volt reg number and tx light now

the caveman
08-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Good luck 6 string.

Gordon Gekko
08-06-2013, 04:20 PM
If you're asking questions like this you probably shouldn't be tinkering around inside someone else's radio. Just saying

6string
08-06-2013, 05:15 PM
i been doing it for 3 years now no prob im learning as i go all i needed was some help with it so i can learn more

only thing i havent done is whats stated above ive done all

other things radio wise

the caveman
08-06-2013, 05:57 PM
Get some more learning in and open up a shop 6string. Good location is any nearby highway with a lot of traffic. In the next few years I want to try and open a small shop in the town near my home. There's a lot of traffic going back and forth between 2 cities so plenty of rigs and cb'ers. There's also a bunch of trucking companies. So a good location is someplace like that.

6string
08-06-2013, 07:15 PM
i already do it for a small buisness I do all my work in my shed. 222 is a well known guy here in bama and he does same

thing i usually call him for help but I lost his number and he dont give it out I do the basics up to swing kits but

I wanna get more in depth

the caveman
08-07-2013, 06:00 AM
i already do it for a small buisness I do all my work in my shed. 222 is a well known guy here in bama and he does same

thing i usually call him for help but I lost his number and he dont give it out I do the basics up to swing kits but

I wanna get more in depth

Alright I gotcha. Get a couple stickers with your business name and advertise:300 (102):

JesseJamesDallas
08-07-2013, 06:12 PM
If you're asking questions like this you probably shouldn't be tinkering around inside someone else's radio. Just saying

HAHAHAHA! I was thinking the same thing!:300 (209):

Penetrator8149
02-23-2015, 01:34 PM
i was thinking that as well i sure hope you happen to tell the person who's radio your working on that you have never done this type of work on one before and then if they said go ahead with it your not buying someone a radio for breaking there's i'm all about someone learning but buy some junk radio's or even yardsale radio's cheap and start there with your own stuff if you break it oh well start over and try until you figure it out just not on other people's that could get you a bad rap and no one will let you try then just my two cent's worth

kru1973
08-16-2016, 11:00 PM
Was wondering if I could have an echo board installed in my Galaxy DX 929 using the Dimmer switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk