PDA

View Full Version : Extra channels

Fogdog
08-09-2013, 03:52 PM
I've been reading about a board that gives you extra channels, usb,and lsb for a Cobra 29 LX. a company called Lescomm sells then for $40.00. It's almost plug and play. A switch is mounted to the outside case of your radio to change ssb positions.

Anybody out there done this yet? It would be pretty nice to have a SSB Cobra 29 LX.

222DBFL
08-11-2013, 08:02 PM
I think you are confusing this mod, it's extra channels, not a side band mod, check out the lescomm site and see for yourself unless you are speaking of something else??

Fogdog
08-11-2013, 10:06 PM
Yeah thats it, I thought it was ssb. Well I thought anything above or below the main carrier frequency is side band. No?

222DBFL
08-11-2013, 10:11 PM
It is extra channels above and below the 40 you already have not side band. I am about positive on this. Don't think it's possible to do side band, but adding channels is definitely do able.

Fogdog
08-11-2013, 10:16 PM
You are absoulty right. I stand corrected. It's what they call Freeband. These frequencies are not alloted to anybody now I guess. They used to be commercial, but were abanded a long time ago. Still 11 meter though. Now I'm really interrested in it.

222DBFL
08-11-2013, 10:26 PM
No worries man, got my attention as well, it is not possible to side band a radio to my knowledge but adding channels is an old mod, maybe these days it is a new twist idk as I have been out of the loop for over 10 years. My brother in law kept egging me on to get back into it and here I am, a cb nerd lol. Side band is the upper and or the lower side of the 40 channels and these free band channels are just that, extra channels above and below the usual 40. Kind of like having bands on an export. I am about to take the plunge and get a magnum 257hp and be done. For around $220 you can have a lot of channels. I just need to figure out what to do with the other radios I have currently.

Fogdog
08-11-2013, 11:11 PM
Yeah thats what I undedrstand. Sill new to anything besides the standard 40 channels of cb. I used to goof around on the ships radio, and I know we used the sideband. I just got my Ham Technician License, but I just use 2 meter and 70cm(440 band) so far. It's cool , but CB is what I have done for a long time. I just never got involved with it besides just using it though. Now I'm totally into it.

Sounds like a nice radio your fixin to get. Glad you joined up with us. Always good to have somebody onboard thats been around for awhile. Hope to hear tou on the radio.

222DBFL
08-13-2013, 03:10 AM
Thanks fogdog, and hopefully when I do get the radio I want I will talk with you. God bless.