PDA

View Full Version : Noise level issue

Pollock
11-05-2013, 11:55 PM
Ok guys I'm just hoping for some input I have been into cb for a few years now and I'm a bit stumped I recently came upon an issue with noise in my radio I have a uniden Washington 100' of lmr400 going to my a99 on wall mounts on the side of the house with 6' mast in total about 35' to the base of the antenna tip of antenna is above the peek of the house. The issue I'm having is a static noise level that starts like clock work every night at 4 pm and runs till very early hours in the am not exactly sure what time it stops as I have not stayed awake all night to hear when it stops all my equipment is grounded including the antenna. Ground wire running from the antenna goes direct to a ground rod 8' in the ground. I only get around 1 db of noise during the day until 4 pm then it jumps up to 8 db and stays there till past 2am

Pollock
11-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Hmm 12 views and nobody has any input that isn't a good sign

the caveman
11-06-2013, 08:11 PM
Hmm 12 views and nobody has any input that isn't a good sign
It could be something close to your home or something in your house causing interference at that point of time.

JesseJamesDallas
11-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Do you have a Plasma TV set?

I do, and when the Sun's up, I don't notice much noise, but once it gets dark, the noise level jumps up so high I can't hear locals...turn the TV off, and all's well...

the caveman
11-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Internet equipment can cause interference as well

Pollock
11-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Not anything in my home I have ruled it all out by process of eliminating one by one went through it all I even unplugged everything in the house except the cb and still no change I believe it to be the transformer on the pole across the street

the caveman
11-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Not anything in my home I have ruled it all out by process of eliminating one by one went through it all I even unplugged everything in the house except the cb and still no change I believe it to be the transformer on the pole across the street
That could be it. You might look into some kind of filter to lower the noise.

Pollock
11-07-2013, 07:19 PM
I'm need to try something it is driving me nuts

JesseJamesDallas
11-08-2013, 07:28 PM
That could be it...A few years ago on channel 28 when I got over on the West side of Dallas i would pick up this strange chirping sound on the radio certain times of day...Then one day I had stopped by a alternator shop over in the Oak Cliff part of town (suburb on the West side of Dallas) and the chirping was pegging the needle on my radio...I started looking around and noticed a red blinking light on a transformer on a telephone pole right across the steet from where I was parked...It was blinking to the chirp I had been hearing!

I could pick this noise up on the radio sometimes 10 miles away from that pole!

Haven't herd it now for several years, so I guess they must have replaced the transformer now, but it was annoying when it was there...Only place I run into a noise now that cut's my ears off is a intersection close by the house that will kill incoming signals even from someone less than a mile away...I've decided it must have something to do with the control box at that intersection that controls the Stop Lights, because once you get a couple hundred feet away, everything's back to normal.

the caveman
11-09-2013, 08:29 AM
A business I pass on my to a nearby town and going home I pick up a lot of static and it cuts off any inbound signals. As soon as I get next to the building my ears are cut off for about an 1/8th of a mile. Don't know what it is but its noisy.

Silverado 996
11-09-2013, 10:25 AM
[QUOTE=the caveman;8505]A business I pass on my to a nearby town and going home I pick up a lot of static and it cuts off any inbound signals. As soon as I get next to the building my ears are cut off for about an 1/8th of a mile. Don't know what it is but its noisy.

If I'm sitting in my driveway I get 5db of static on my radio. If I pull out of the driveway and drive slowly away from my house about 150 feet the single slowly goes away. I drive around the block and approach my house from the opposite side the single starts come back stronger and stronger until I'm back home and the single is back to 5db. It's my neighbors security system, that has a wireless monitoring system.

I know all situations different for everyone, good luck Pollock and Caveman

Fogdog
11-10-2013, 12:17 AM
Any street lights in the area? Could be the Daylight control on the pole.

the caveman
11-10-2013, 08:17 AM
In my area the street lights are getting changed to LEDs

Pollock
11-10-2013, 12:39 PM
I have it down to a spot on the next street over the radio in the car goes up to 9db at a certain driveway I'm going to try and go over during the day and talk to someone to see what it is