PDA

View Full Version : New radio

mond48
11-07-2013, 09:23 AM
If I go out today and buy a brand-new radio how far will that radio go will it reach one-mile 2 miles 10 miles I would just like to know

the caveman
11-07-2013, 10:03 AM
depends on your setup. your antenna, SWR, and radio will all make a difference in range. what kind of radio and antenna are you planning on getting?

mond48
11-07-2013, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the reply. This is what I have uniden 76xlw in. I know very little about it. I went out to our highway which is the 401 here in Ontario, Canada and asked for radio check and you only ones that could hear me was once I could see going by so I don't think I'm getting out very far my radio has swr meter built into it but what I'm wondering is, would a better antenna and Mike make a difference one of the big problems I have is there is no one in this area that works on CB once again thanks for their reply. I have to step out for a few minutes but will be back checking for answers

the caveman
11-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the reply. This is what I have uniden 76xlw in. I know very little about it. I went out to our highway which is the 401 here in Ontario, Canada and asked for radio check and you only ones that could hear me was once I could see going by so I don't think I'm getting out very far my radio has swr meter built into it but what I'm wondering is, would a better antenna and Mike make a difference one of the big problems I have is there is no one in this area that works on CB once again thanks for their reply. I have to step out for a few minutes but will be back checking for answers
What kind of antenna are you using? You might consider a external meter. They can be a little more accurate. If you want a good mic look into something that fits your voice and the noise in your cab. If you have a loud voice and allot of noise get a noise canceling mic. If you have a quiet voice and low noise a power mic might work for you.