PDA

View Full Version : Just an old fart

rebar1982
12-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Hello.
Yeah I just an old fart who enjoys the radio hobby.
I have been messing with radios since 1969. And before you throw rocks at me- yes I am also a ham!
I enjoy talking ham, cb, and scanner radios.
I do build most of my antennas. And I do work on all my radio equipment myself.
I do have a Tram D201A, a Browning Golden Eagle Mark III, yaesu FT-101E, a set of Yaesu twins.
I have some newer equipment- Yaesu FT-1000MP. Kenwood TS-940SAT, Icom 706 Mark IIG.
I am retired now, and getting my equipment all setup again, so I have joined several forums, so I can see what's going on as far as cb radio.
In my area (northern Alabama), cb radio activity is not too active. I do hear a few old timers like me on ch 12 now and then.
Well that's my intro for now.
And thank to the moderator for allowing me to join the group.

Old Tom in Alabama

Fogdog
12-06-2013, 06:39 PM
Welcome to the CB Junkies Rebar. Glad to hear your getting back into the hobby. Don't worry about being a Ham or even talking it. I'm one also and so are a bunch of us on this forum. It's a good place to hang out. Good place for some info also.

Silverado 996
12-07-2013, 06:26 PM
Welcome to CB Junkies

the caveman
12-07-2013, 07:11 PM
Welcome rebar! I myself have a browning radio, a 23 channel LTD. Its going to be setup as a old school base radio as soon as I get what I need.

Tallman
12-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Well I'm no longer the only "Old Fart" on the board! Been cbing since 1968. There are a few of us that are ham radio operators. Unlike some of the "OPERATORS" we acknowledge our cb roots and run both. I have met only one ham operator that never ran cb, his dad was a ham and he went straight to that. After a few runs together he was converted to cb as well!