PDA

View Full Version : Me And My Trucker 450v

jfogle01
12-06-2013, 11:41 PM
Hello all!! Please forgive me for I am new to not only this forum but anything amp related in general. Don't get me wrong, I've been driving a truck for over 10 years but always running no more than a peak'd and tuned radio. Well today that changed. I recently purchased a Trucker 450v amp but am having trouble finding anything about it as far as its capabilities. Any help you could give would really be great! I know it has 4-sd1446 pills in it, but that's about all I know. HELP!!!!!12141215

the caveman
12-07-2013, 03:13 PM
Hello all!! Please forgive me for I am new to not only this forum but anything amp related in general. Don't get me wrong, I've been driving a truck for over 10 years but always running no more than a peak'd and tuned radio. Well today that changed. I recently purchased a Trucker 450v amp but am having trouble finding anything about it as far as its capabilities. Any help you could give would really be great! I know it has 4-sd1446 pills in it, but that's about all I know. HELP!!!!!12141215
Sorta unrelated to this post but do you talk skip any? I've heard a 213 on the radio just not sure if it was you or not.

222DBFL
12-08-2013, 02:12 PM
You need to get a meter and get your deal key set at 1-2 watts. If possible have a variable power installed, if not I would have the dead key set at 1.5 watts and no more than 15-20 watts pep Into the amp.
This looks like a class c amp and will have problems if you overdrive it. I will see if I can find anything on that amp but normally with the 1446 transistors you don't want a very high dead key into the amp, most require 1-2 watts max. If you have a tech that you can take your radio and the amp to and have him set it up to key up about 1/4 of the total output of the amp.