PDA

View Full Version : 131 in the Mojave Desert - Channel 28 - 12 January 2014

Gerowen
01-12-2014, 09:33 PM
I heard probably the clearest distant station riding skip into my radio that I've ever heard. I mean I've heard some loud guys skipping in from Virginia before, and some people coming in from California, but the ones from Cali have never been this loud before. I'm in eastern Kentucky and this guy sounded louder than some of the locals, and the audio quality on his rig was top notch. I'm in Magoffin County Kentucky, which puts him at a little over 2,000 miles away. I heard him off and on all day long, but I recorded this short clip of it.

Apologies if the sound is slightly muffled, I think I had my finger partially covering the microphone.

http://youtu.be/FzaUNrX7e0s

the caveman
01-13-2014, 09:30 PM
Where did your clip go?

Gerowen
01-13-2014, 09:34 PM
Where did your clip go?

I bought this radio when I was new to CBing, and I had no idea that's what the tiny screws were for, and I lost them before I realized the side of the radio had holes in it to hold the clip. The clip is on the table, but I don't have any screws that will fit the holes, :P

the caveman
01-14-2014, 09:42 AM
I bought this radio when I was new to CBing, and I had no idea that's what the tiny screws were for, and I lost them before I realized the side of the radio had holes in it to hold the clip. The clip is on the table, but I don't have any screws that will fit the holes, :P
what is your usual AM channel? I'll call for you sometime.

Gerowen
01-14-2014, 11:34 AM
what is your usual AM channel? I'll call for you sometime.

I'm usually on channel 3 or channel 10. I use channel 10 sporadically to talk to family members so we don't interrupt more crowded channels, but most of the time I'm on channel 3.

the caveman
01-14-2014, 02:54 PM
I'm usually on channel 3 or channel 10. I use channel 10 sporadically to talk to family members so we don't interrupt more crowded channels, but most of the time I'm on channel 3.
Alright i'll call for 323 on one of those channels sometime!