PDA

View Full Version : hr2600

halfwatt959
02-14-2014, 09:37 AM
I got a hr2600 a few days ago. Works great but has a few anoying problems. Tallman and Silverado sent me some great and informative links, but the s.m. doesnt have a trouble shooting section. I can restore the wires in the plug on the back with that info, however the meter is the led type and is stuck on 9. Even with the antenna unhooked it still shows 9 bars. With the ant. connected it shows 9 but when I key up it goes to 11. When a strong station comes in it will go up to 11 as well. Is this worth fixing and if so any idea where to send it for repair? Or is it better to just live with it as is? Thanks for any help.

222DBFL
02-14-2014, 10:12 AM
Send it to tallman or the DOC of New York. Either should be able to fix it. Yes, if all else works and it has the chip switch done for 11m, that's even better. They are truly a great ssb radio and are becoming harder to find, a good friend of mine has one that he just took out of the mobile to put it away. He put a 2950 in its place. But yes, I would get it to a good tech, tallman, DTB radio, Doug's custom cb's, or the doc of New York (the doc of New York has worked on 2510 and 2600 radios a lot, and is supposed to be one of the best with that particular radio, that and the 2510. Hope this helps and hope you get it sorted. And IMO, don't mess with it if you aren't familiar with it, may cause more damage, maybe stay off the key as well until it's fixed. God bless.

halfwatt959
02-14-2014, 04:22 PM
thanks for the tip 222dbfl. Its not like I dont have something else to put in line for awhile. Up to 9 working radios now. Just cant help myself. I dont even tell myself I'll just get this one going and sell it anymore. I cant seem to part with any. I may need radio rehab but rehab is for quitters. LOL

Gordon Gekko
02-15-2014, 10:06 PM
There should be a pot inside the radio that controls the meter. Adjusting that should fix it. CB tricks is the first place to look for the info.
Shouldn't be any need to send it to a tech however if the meter is out of calibration, that is indicitive of some know nothing dipshit poking around inside a radio he doesn't belong son there could be other damage lurking. At the very least it indicates the radio is out if alignment.

If you have to send it to a tech, Doc is the man for those radios. Rogerbird is #2