05-05-2014, 01:49 AM
Not unless you have months to spare and don't mind being lied to

the caveman
05-06-2014, 09:32 PM
What happened 351?

solarradio351
05-06-2014, 09:46 PM
Got lie'd too again ... waiting for parts a week before Easter.. two week after Easter he say he will start on it in the next too weeks.. Yea so no more Quad ! Broke the 5/8th wave taking it down of 42foot pole in a foul mood.. Bought a turner mike got hear not working at all... just a mug !
Packed up at the moment as I've just moved QTH I might just leave it were it is.. Ripp off's always seem to suck me in ... over $800 gone on others pos junk....

stang
05-07-2014, 06:17 AM
Dude that sucks. The mic I picked up for you should be getting there soon. I thought I heard you on the radio one evening this week. When I tried to call back I didn't get any answer so I don't know if it was you or who.

Good Luck

solarradio351
05-07-2014, 06:26 AM
If I heard you Stang I would have yelled back big time !

Yea it will be hear soon, I am not buying any more cb gear off e bay unless new and from a real seller no back yard looser ..

Seems all broken crap stuff is on there.. or is it just me ?

stang
05-07-2014, 04:22 PM
I wasn't sure it was you. But thought it might be. With my weak little setup I doubt you'll ever hear me but we'll keep trying.
Ebay can go either way. Seems like once you get bit once it turns into a run for a while. Plus people may try to get over since your in a different country and don't have a lot or recourse.

Good luck and take care

Tallman
05-09-2014, 09:05 AM
If I heard you Stang I would have yelled back big time !

Yea it will be hear soon, I am not buying any more cb gear off e bay unless new and from a real seller no back yard looser ..

Seems all broken crap stuff is on there.. or is it just me ?
It's not just you. My last three or four purchases from FLEABAY were CRAP! In the ad they swear it is a functioning unit. It gets here and I plug it in to test it and there is nothing at all that could have functioned. Signal generators missing tubes, Spectrum analyzers that smoke, and a CB with blown circuit boards.

solarradio351
05-09-2014, 02:46 PM
Some people are just crooks... etray needs to fix before we just don't buy there

NY714
05-10-2014, 04:50 PM

These type of antenna's are tricky to tune and get working correct. In my opinion, once mastered the Wilson and Sirio type antenna's then take the step up to the big boy antenna's. Bet it works great but have to know the tricks to getting working properly and it's normal to take a while to get these type of antenna's in mail, because they are hand made to order, not like the Wilson who builds tons of those ahead of time and ready to ship once they get the order.