PDA

View Full Version : Ford Taurus Install

Gerowen
05-09-2014, 06:20 PM
So I traded my 2006 Ford Explorer for a 2006 Ford Taurus and finally got the CB installed in the new vehicle, and thought I'd share some photos.

I was thinking about putting it on the ash, but I've learned that radios can get really hot up there, not to mention that the dash is high enough I think the radio would have been a visual obstruction, so I decided to lower the console and mount it to the underside of the dash kind of wedged between the dash and the console to help keep it steady.

The original owner had an antenna but they had it on the trunk with the coax ran through the seats, so I put it on the roof, dead center and ran it through the rubber grommet in the door jamb where the wiring harness goes through there, and tucked it up under the dash over to the radio.

For power I just used my same setup, one of those fuse jumpers that you plug into the fuse box.

I did have to add an external speaker because in this location the speaker is smooshed against the floor and the console padding so it was really hard to understand anybody.

The wires are all taped into place until I can find my zip ties.

NY714
05-10-2014, 04:43 PM
So I traded my 2006 Ford Explorer for a 2006 Ford Taurus and finally got the CB installed in the new vehicle, and thought I'd share some photos.

I was thinking about putting it on the ash, but I've learned that radios can get really hot up there, not to mention that the dash is high enough I think the radio would have been a visual obstruction, so I decided to lower the console and mount it to the underside of the dash kind of wedged between the dash and the console to help keep it steady.

The original owner had an antenna but they had it on the trunk with the coax ran through the seats, so I put it on the roof, dead center and ran it through the rubber grommet in the door jamb where the wiring harness goes through there, and tucked it up under the dash over to the radio.

For power I just used my same setup, one of those fuse jumpers that you plug into the fuse box.

I did have to add an external speaker because in this location the speaker is smooshed against the floor and the console padding so it was really hard to understand anybody.

The wires are all taped into place until I can find my zip ties.

1. Grounding Straps (Hook to the Bolts that hold the seats down, that is an excellent ground) recommend for the radio and heat
2. LMR-240 Times Microwave coax (Jumpers if needed) Hopefully Wilson or Sirio Antenna Magnet mount Hopefully
3. Most important run power for radio directly to the battery with good copper wire.
4. Heat run just the positive to the Battery and negetive to the seat bolts that hold seat in the shortest ground wire possible
5. Might want to consider the RF Limited Magnum noise filter for the radio will eliminate RPM noise or other noises.

This should be a good start in my opinion in solving your problems. Just my opinion.