PDA

View Full Version : Keydown Comp Questions

Pineknot
06-14-2014, 08:57 AM
Hello, newbie to the site. This might be posted in the wrong forum.

I'm looking for info on what all different classes are in a keydown.
Also what are the rules for each class?
Thanks

the caveman
06-21-2014, 06:56 PM
All I know is there are different classes for different size amps and antenna quantity.

222DBFL
06-21-2014, 11:11 PM
Amp size, antenna or antennas, whether you are running stock alternator, AC or DC class, you about have to go to one to really see what all is being done some comps have different rules. There are just too many things to list. May I ask are you really interested in this as it can turn into a money pot!!! Guys spend big bucks on these systems and a lot of time as well. Just a heads up. IMO, I would look around your area and find out where the next comp will be and go check it out for yourself. JMO. Might even get some great info from there as well. Also check out Dave Made amps website, there may be some info on there as to where the next good comp will be or if one will be near you. Good luck with you endeavor and god bless.

NY714
06-22-2014, 07:56 PM
Also these vehicles run different volts also.

Bigstick
04-13-2018, 08:51 AM
Is there any sort of rule about whether any part of the antenna can touch the ground? Does the vehicle have to move once the antenna is erected?

JesseJamesDallas
04-13-2018, 09:31 AM
No base antennas. Antennas must be mounted to vehicle. You have to drive up to the line, and drive away...unless you burn your ride-up...