PDA

View Full Version : Question

bulldog54
09-14-2014, 11:32 AM
Hello I am a FNG and I have a question.I want to set up a base station using a mobile radio. can this be done? How can I get the power from a wall socket to a mobile radio? Thank you for any info

222DBFL
09-14-2014, 04:16 PM
You need a 12vdc power supply. Depending on the radio it needs to be 5-25 amps. You can search for the megawatt s400-12. It's a 30amp 9-15vdc supply that works well. They make several versions of this supply and they can be had for less than the megawatt, I only have experience with the megawatt and it works well. They run about 60-70 for the mega watt and as low as 25-30 for a generic one with the same rating. The power supply plugs into the wall and turns AC to DC. Most power supplies of 5 amps will power a regular 40 channel cb type radio, for a more powerful export radio or HF radio I would get at least a 20 amp supply or something close to that. JMO. Hope this helps. God bless.

JesseJamesDallas
09-14-2014, 07:08 PM
Just run by your local Radio Shack and look for a 12vdc power supply...Or ebay... Powering a Mobile CB as a Base is the easy part! The antenna is going to be where you need to spend some money...