PDA

View Full Version : Non Amplified D-104 Wiring To Siltronix 1011D

kikker
11-26-2014, 10:42 AM
I hope this is the correct place to post this subject.

I've got a Siltronix 1011D radio and an Astatic non-amplified D-104 that I haven't been able to figure out the wiring for. Because of the high impedance requirement a non amplified microphone is recommended.

There are only 3 solder terminals on the 1/4" plug that connects to the radio microphone jack. There are 2 wires and a shield that are in the microphone cord. I have wired this microphone every possible way. When I plug the microphone into the radio the microphone will modulate but as soon as it plugged in it cuts out the receive audio.

I have seen at least 3 different wiring recommendations for this radio and an Astatic D-104 but I'm not sure which one is correct or what am I doing incorrectly?

Does anyone here have a Siltronix 1011 and have successfully wired a non-amplified D-104 to it?

Any help will be appreciated.

hotrod
02-02-2015, 06:53 PM
well i never used this or know how to hook up mic but might be a help
the 1/4 plug has 3 hook ups . so you,ll need 1/transmit [ptt] 2/audio 3/shild
draw a diagram with what color wires u put where then take notes on any changes
i would try leaving the shield in 1 spot ,then just swap the other two.if this doesnt work
now move shield to next closest spot. and again just swap the other two.this my take several tries
last can you vertify the mic works?? also even if it does work will it provide enough audio. you may need
to run mic gain up quite high with nonpowered d104 thats been my experience.

hotrod
02-02-2015, 07:01 PM
ok i just found this on cb tricks.com. its in mic section then click asatic hand book
this is for the c model
white- ring
blue /shield- sleeve
red -tip
yellow / black not used . if ya only got a 4 wire then just try the shield only

kikker
02-03-2015, 08:29 AM
I finally found the information. Thanks for the help guys.