PDA

View Full Version : Securing my radio

Mike
12-14-2014, 09:07 PM
Does anyone know of a secure theft proof mount. I have an old truck so I can bolt anything I want to the floor, or even weld something If I wanted to. I dont want to remove my my radio everynight. What is everyone using?

JesseJamesDallas
12-15-2014, 06:59 PM
Does anyone know of a secure theft proof mount. I have an old truck so I can bolt anything I want to the floor, or even weld something If I wanted to. I dont want to remove my my radio everynight. What is everyone using?
They still steel CB Radios where you live? I've had my Suburban broken into 3 times, and they took everything they could get their hands on, but always left the CB stuff alone! hahaha.

Mike
12-15-2014, 07:36 PM
Jesse, I thinking the same thing that no one steels CBs anymore lol. I just want to have it to where someone can just pull ot out of the truck. I have an old 1997 Ford Ranger with untinted windows, I use it for work and play and am not in a habit of locking the doors.. I dont have a ton of money into the radio but a$400 radio is going to be hard for me to replace. Im thinking of fabricating a steel sleeve that will bolt to the floor then use some type of screws that you would need a special wrench to go through the sleeve and into the sides of the radio where the stock mounting screws would normally go.