PDA

View Full Version : Microphone choices

Soupy
01-09-2015, 05:40 AM
I figured I would add a Power Microphone to the rig in my truck, and tuned down a bit on that score.
Instead, I bought a Noise Cancelling Microphone, (Astatic 636 L) for my Cobra 24 LTD Classic.

Have YOU bought that particular "Noise Cancelling" Microphone? How well did it last? Any shortcomings?

Originally I thought of getting a Turner "+2" (they used to call em) Power Microphone, but figured I didn't necessarily "need" one.

I haven't "tweaked" the Cobra yet in any way (Modulation or other things), but may consider it.

Dirty Diaper
01-11-2015, 08:55 PM
Good mic I ,get good comments from all over with mine. Tune up your radio, get a good antenna,ground everything, and let her go. Good Luck, 21

222DBFL
01-12-2015, 09:31 AM
Another good mic for the cobra are the 2018 extreme mic. Has noise reduction and a great echo board built in. Just the power mic side of them work well. And you can adjust it to have zero echo or a bunch! Good mics. Mine came wired for 4 pin cobra radio already.

JesseJamesDallas
01-12-2015, 06:52 PM
Soupy...Don't guess you liked the answers we gave you over on the other Forum? :biggrin1:

That's OK...Never hurts to get a second opinion...