PDA

View Full Version : Realistic TRC-427

kctgb
07-28-2015, 07:07 PM
A friend gave me A Realistic TRC-427 and I was looking it over inside and out, it looks very similar to a cobra. Is it my imagination or is it made by Cobra? It seems to be a good radio anyone have any information about this radio.

Thanks

Tallman
07-29-2015, 10:40 AM
A friend gave me A Realistic TRC-427 and I was looking it over inside and out, it looks very similar to a cobra. Is it my imagination or is it made by Cobra? It seems to be a good radio anyone have any information about this radio.

Thanks
It is very possible. Radio Shack did not have manufacturing facilities for complicated electronics.

GrapeApe
11-01-2015, 03:37 PM
Most of the TRC radios were Uniden. Some Midlands and Dynascan's (Cobra) got in there. I have the TRC-451 which was the 40 channel version of the 23 channel TRC-450. The 450 was a Uniden board and the 451 was also. People who knew radios were fooled into thinking the 451 was a Cobra 146 chassis but it was just a good copy. It still was a Uniden lol. MOST of the chassis said Uniden right on the board. I just did one with a Uniden PC 221 board in it. I cant remember the TRC number. But anyway, look at the board number and reference that. I still have yet to find a good site that cross references the Realistic boards to their original manufactures. That would surly make things a lot easier.

There are some good brains here that check in every few days. It might take a couple weeks to get an answer. If you don't hear soon, I would suggest asking the fellas at cb radio magazine * com. You can send them a comment in the thread of a video on their youtube channel. There is a vid for adjusting the modulation of a TRC-427 @ https://youtu.be/wAVDbICTEO8