PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the mountains of West Virginia

Lee
09-06-2015, 05:43 PM
HI
I'm not a cb junkie but I am going to get two radios for myself and one for my son.
I thought this might be the place to get the information I need to know.

Dirty Diaper
01-09-2016, 05:43 PM
Sorry for not saying hello sooner, just got my laptop back. Say hello to Coal Miner in WV, and my Son lives near Oak Hill. He can hear me on his mobile on the Mountain when I am in my mobile. (has to be just right on conditions, LOL) Hope you have good luck with your Radios, 21

222FL
01-10-2016, 09:52 AM
First off m, welcome to the site. Now, What kind of 2 way radios are you trying to acquire?? Need more info to help!!

222FL
01-10-2016, 09:56 AM
Heard you booming the other day Dirty Diaper, can't remember what channel it was, but I def. heard you speaking to someone! You were hitting me with S9 +20 on my Icom 746. And the audio was good as well! This was coming into the Sandpile around Daytona Beach, FL. I am mostly on SSB but every once in a blue moon when conditions let me I get on AM, love the sound of a good AM station!! It really sounds good on my Icom at 15k wide.

Dirty Diaper
01-10-2016, 10:44 AM
222 Thank you. I don't get a lot of Florida here in S.C. except when there is a storm off the coast, or who knows why conditions. I will listen up for you , and I need to do more SSB. Have a great 2016, 21

222FL
01-10-2016, 01:25 PM
It's been weird here. We been getting a lot of DX at night all up the east coast from GA, to Canada!! Every state in between including SC and NC. This was the other day or night I heard you. Again. Not sure what channel. But I know i heard dirty diaper. Not a name you forget easily LOL!! Anyway. I'll listen for you as well, I've a couple am radios and a TNT 600hd sitting around I could pull out and get on!!! But I do fine with my 746 when the conditions are good!!