PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Oz

Tubby
11-18-2015, 08:45 AM
Hi all
I am an old timer and have been into CB radio since I was 16 years old, .. I,m now 58 years old.
I am an electronics and radio communications tech self employed and doing mainly digital radio but am a ham radio operator and enjoy CB and have NEVER FORGOTTEN MY ROOTS as have a lot of ham radio guys. I have just had more time to devote to CB lately and am experimenting with magnetic loop antennas for both 27mhz and other ham bands. I am presently considering purchasing a Galaxy DX959 as they seem to have a good chassis and are well designed. A you would imagine I have owned a lot of radios over time and also have quite a collection, some of which I am parting with to make way for more radios. I have a great deal of technical knowledge that I am more than happy to share with anyone who has a question.
regards and good DX Tubby

FATKAT
11-18-2015, 09:10 AM
Welcome Tubby

I am also 58 and I am not an electronics tech but I pick up on stuff fairly quick. I myself am just back to CB in the past month having had a CB way back in the "Good Ol Days" :)
I am not a big fan of push buttons and menus.

Welcome and I look forward to your expert advise on matters.

Tubby
11-18-2015, 03:59 PM
Welcome Tubby

I am also 58 and I am not an electronics tech but I pick up on stuff fairly quick. I myself am just back to CB in the past month having had a CB way back in the "Good Ol Days" :)
I am not a big fan of push buttons and menus.

Welcome and I look forward to your expert advise on matters.

Hi there Fatkat
Yes the good old days, were they that good all that QRM and you found it difficult to hold a conversation because of contstant breakers.....hmmmmm Lot of fun though I used to live in New Zealand and was a 27mhz pirate for along time before moving to the states for a time and had a great time in the USA on CB, that was in 1978, I purchased some nice radios while there and saw some memorable radios too like the Stoner base station I owned a CP400 ( Communication Power)for a while and had a nice Browning Ltd with a VFO on it had a lot of fun with that radio. Anyway I am quite take with the galaxy and have download circuit diagrams and the service manual from this site and will check out the design but I am almost made up my mind to buy one as you can get a repackaged radio for $125 on Amazon.
regards Kerry
PS thanks for the reply and nice to make your acquaintance