PDA

View Full Version : Well might as well ask

Gar
06-20-2016, 10:15 PM
Several years ago I had a Radioactive Radio and that thing was set up like I wanted it. It was Extremely Super Loud. I can't find him anymore. I care about smashing ducks and blowing big doors off big trucks. I don't care about getting out far I care about smash'n cars. I am buying a Predator 30K and buying a Gen Lee with a 1200W Texas star. Anyhow I can't find Radioactive anywhere. Ive heard good things amount Jesse James. Ao I'm looking for equipment......

JesseJamesDallas
06-21-2016, 05:20 AM
Mike and Radio Active are no-more. Closed up shop several years ago. Every now and then you might see something posted for sale on eBay from Radio Active, but not all the time.

Would suggest Bell's CB Shop, I've bought radios from them several times, and never had a problem...also has the Gen Lee under $200.

Gar
06-21-2016, 10:42 PM
Jesse, so you have a Texas Srar 16 V available right now on hand?

JesseJamesDallas
06-22-2016, 05:21 AM
Jesse, so you have a Texas Srar 16 V available right now on hand?
I'm not a dealer, and, no, no TS.

Houd1n1
11-30-2016, 05:38 AM
Wish you could find him! He has a Connex 4300 300that belongs to me.

doughboy
11-30-2016, 05:25 PM
I shouldn't say this since I sell Texas stars here but if you're all about being loud a competition style amp like an xforce will be more bang for your buck then the Texas star

222DBFL
12-02-2016, 06:16 AM
If you can find an old fav made amp that has toshiba 2879's in it or you are willing to spend the money you could get a new one with toshiba 2879's in it still as well I believe. But they just aren't built like the old ones. Anyways, like doughboy said, a class C X-force amp might be a better option if you are just using it on AM. You want cleaner get a TNT amp or a Texas Star. Made for both AM and SSB use, unlike a comp amp would be made. But you don't need to drive the piss out of them either to get the proper power and not sound like crap!! JMHO's. Keep it clean and mean!!!