PDA

View Full Version : Hi all Newbie here from Jacksonville Fl.

PhazLockLoop
10-09-2016, 11:46 AM
Getting back into CB, tired of megabucks scanners. Started my CB hobby in the early 60's when CB radios had tubes. Gonna need a lot of advice & I hope you all are patient with me:help:, love the site, take care all.

BTW: Back in the day we had actual FCC callsigns, we made up or own handles though but I see this DX thing, I tried to delete my made up DX number but it's still showing, where can I apply for a valid CB DX number? thanks again.

FATKAT
10-10-2016, 06:34 AM
Hello and Welcome....

Things move a little slow here but lots of information to be had and people that know what they are talking about.

As for the DX number, it was explained to me that you make that up as well. When you listen to DX you will get the idea.

Again Welcome Aboard!

PhazLockLoop
01-14-2017, 12:16 PM
Hello & thanks for your hearty welcome, been awhile, slowly rebuilding what Matthew didn't take from me, have a safe & happy weekend.

Josh904
07-18-2020, 09:15 AM
I'm also in Jacksonville - what you running?

middleman
08-06-2020, 10:12 PM
Roger that PLL, i remember my old call sign from '76. Just looked it up, there is no more database for those old signs. Ran just a simple Midland 23 ch. base, a D-104, and Starduster on the roof, and got NC from northern NJ barefoot.