PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Skip

Fogdog
11-24-2016, 11:43 AM
Yup, I was able to make contacts in Tn,Ga,Va,and La this morning. I just through up a home brew dipole (horizontal). I also made some contacts on 10 meters.
Happy Turkey Day 2016

doughboy
11-25-2016, 03:12 PM
Nice been rolling alot hear in the sandpile I'll be listening for ya

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

222DBFL
11-26-2016, 03:46 AM
Hey there Fogdog, hope all is going well. Been a while since I have spoken to you. Best wishes to you and yours. And happy DX'ing!! I just put up a dipole myself, (horizontal), and it's up at about 40ft or so. Now I just need to get my Sirio vector 4000 back up. Anyhow. Just wanted to say hello and hope all is well your way.
73 and God Bless from
222 Daytona Bch., FL
Sean.

222DBFL
11-26-2016, 03:50 AM
Doughboy where at in the sandpile are you at?? West Coast or East coast of FL? Or am I way off?? Just curious. I did and have spoken to a few of the gents over on the west coast when I had the NV4K up, but with the dipole it's not happening that close, although I have heard Northern GA on it. And hope all is well with you and yours as well. Have a Happy Holiday and enjoy what is left of the DX!!

Fogdog
11-27-2016, 06:54 AM
Hey there Fogdog, hope all is going well. Been a while since I have spoken to you. Best wishes to you and yours. And happy DX'ing!! I just put up a dipole myself, (horizontal), and it's up at about 40ft or so. Now I just need to get my Sirio vector 4000 back up. Anyhow. Just wanted to say hello and hope all is well your way.
73 and God Bless from
222 Daytona Bch., FL
Sean.

Thanks for that, yeah I had a total knee replacement, and since all my radio gear is downstairs. I'm just now able to het down there. Missed my radios. Doesn't excuse me from not being a regular here on Junkies.
Everything is going good. Thanks for your help with my dipole install, and the power supply recommendation. Its working great. I re positioned my dipole to a better location. I plan on getting it up a bit higher though, once my knee gets better.
Hope you had a nice thanjaksgiving. I know we had a lot to be thankful for.

222DBFL
11-27-2016, 07:16 AM
Glad you got it working!! I just put another one up after having both of them down, because I had a great vertical antenna up. Was using a Sirio vector 4000. Awesome antenna it was or I should say is, but it's down for now due to the hurricane. I am working on getting it back up but in the meantime my dipole is at 40 feetand is working awesome. And just to be clear my vertical isn't broken I just pulled it down for the hurricane and have not had time to put it back up. Work seems to keep getting in the way!!!!

Fogdog
11-27-2016, 08:21 AM
Sounds like a smart move taking your good antenna down. My 2 meter copper j pole antenna install has already survived 1 wind storm. My dipole should be no problem. I've got to do some PT for the knee, then I might get the heater going in the garage, and get my radios online and check the conditions.

222DBFL
11-29-2016, 06:37 AM
Yes sir. Very glad I did as it would have been toast. I will get it back up sometime soon hopefully. Not too worried about it as the DX isn't going off LOL!!!

doughboy
11-29-2016, 02:28 PM
I'm about thirty minutes east of Tampa town called zephryhills.

222DBFL
11-29-2016, 05:53 PM
Know the area well doughboy!! Maybe one day when I get out of the mud I'll be able to talk to you!! For now it's dipole and DX what little there is!! Until I get my vector 4000 back up! Anyhow. Hope to catch you one day on air. Til then, God Bless you and yours and have a great evening!!