PDA

View Full Version : Dx 1600x not putting out

Gunny923
02-24-2017, 12:04 PM
When I key up with my Stryker 447hpc it swings up to 50ish and dx1600x only goes to 3. Can I put apache one pill to push the dx1600x to the max

222DBFL
02-24-2017, 06:25 PM
You need 100 watts pep for max output on that amp per Texas Star. That is PEP. So whatever gets you about a 300w carrier and swings to 1200w, which is what TS shows on their site as being max output. This keeps a good 1 to 4 power ratio. Or 1/4 of the total output is what the carrier should be. You might see more than 1200 watts of you push the amp hard or are running a higher voltage than what TS shows. But I slid recommended sticking with what they put out or close to that. A 2-300 watt carrier, and let the amp swing from there to its PEP wattage. Do it right and the amp will put out a clean signal and also last a lot longer. Run it hard, and it will be a door stop!! An HF radio would work for this amp. Or something like a Stryker 955, with its 70-80 watt output. Or even an RCI 2970.
And yes you could use a 1-2 pill amp to run that amp as well. Just make sure if you do this you use a single final radio like a cobra 29, or similar. Any single final radio will work. A good 2 pill amp with the power cut back to 100 watts max, and make sure it's a class B or higher thermally tracking biased amp, and you will have a clean mean setup. Just don't over drive the DEI transistors. They don't take the power like the Toshiba 2879's do!!

Gunny923
02-25-2017, 03:39 PM
I had the toshiba put in them and finally talk to the maker . Got the one pill hooked up an we walking the dog with great swing thanks for the help.

222DBFL
02-26-2017, 01:02 PM
You are good to go then!! Sounds like it's working well for you. And you aren't over driving it.

Gunny923
03-06-2017, 07:03 AM
So now I'm having a problem of burning up the studs on my mirror mount. Tryed heavy duty and Wilson teardrop. Dunno what I'm doing wrong now.

222DBFL
03-07-2017, 04:38 AM
Get a Breedlove. Spend the money and get a good one. That way you'll stop burning up crappy ones and end up paying what you would have for a good mount.
As to why they are burning up. Too much power, arching due to moisture. Loose connectors, a poor ground. And many other things may be at play. But I would think resolving the first few I listed and you'll be good to go. Most of the newer Wilson stuff is made by a company called Barjan, a cheap over seas company that bought Wilson and many other CB and cell phone related items some years ago. Their products have had bad QC ever since IMO. But i would check all your coax and also if it's cheap truck stop stuff, ditch it and get some good LMR240 or LMR400 in the UF (Ultra Flex type and use that as your coax as well as good connectors. Amphenol makes good connectors. But getting a good mount would be what I would look into after you check your other components out. JMHO. And the Breedlove mounts are made well and worth every penny of the cost!!! Again, JMO. Hope this helps and have a good one.