PDA

View Full Version : I just finished restoring a nice 1000GTL. Anybody need a great radio?

harlyworkr
06-24-2017, 07:34 PM
I got this radio from a friend non working. It needed a little TLC. Drivers were bad, meters were bad, ac/dc switch was broken and everything was dirty and scratchy. After several hours with a soldering iron and a few new parts, it is working like new. It has a full 5 watts dead carrier and forward wattage of 15 with modulation.

I wish people would respect the old radios like my father taught me, this was missing every screw but 2 from somebody trying to learn how to dissect it. All that being said, it sure is a nice radio again now.

quadraped
06-26-2017, 03:29 PM
I got this radio from a friend non working. It needed a little TLC. Drivers were bad, meters were bad, ac/dc switch was broken and everything was dirty and scratchy. After several hours with a soldering iron and a few new parts, it is working like new. It has a full 5 watts dead carrier and forward wattage of 15 with modulation.

I wish people would respect the old radios like my father taught me, this was missing every screw but 2 from somebody trying to learn how to dissect it. All that being said, it sure is a nice radio again now.

Hello sounds like good work.
I'm interested In this newly restored gem

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

harlyworkr
06-26-2017, 03:40 PM
Hello sounds like good work.
I'm interested In this newly restored gem

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Talk to me. I have two and I can only use one at a time.