PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated looking everywhere for help

Rescue
12-15-2017, 12:26 AM
Hey everyone,
I'm looking for a genuine mud duck smashing CB tech. I'm looking for just stupid monster audio. I want to key up and shut everyone down with clarity. I have a Connex 4600 Turbo and a Texas star sweet 16 with a predator 30 k antenna. Now I just need someone to set it up the right way. Looking for reputable trustworthy technician. I'm looking for big blow your doors off sound when I key up and to be able to talk clear as a bell close. I had the perfect set up at one point but it was stolen so I know it can be done. I just need the right tech to tune it peak it mod it out and match everything. There are no big radios in my area and my local shop really doesn't mod radios out. Thank you guys and I'm glad to be here

JesseJamesDallas
12-15-2017, 06:45 AM
That's allot of radio to push into a Amp, but should be OK turned on low into a sweet-16.

If it were me, I would just run what you have, like it is...There's not much else your going to be able to do to get more audio out of what ya got without starting to splatter all over the place....Set up you got right now, should get ya close to 1000w's (guessing in the 800-900w area)

Now if you just want to get nasty watts...Get a Cobra 29, a 4-pill, and a 16-pill...that cuts lips off most of the local ducks...but there's always going to be someone bigger in the bowl.

Problem tho with going bigger, is all the other stuff you have to do to power everything...You'll spend more money setting up the truck to power the station, than what you spend on radio gear...

Rescue
12-15-2017, 06:12 PM
[QUOTE=JesseJamesDallas;14010]That's allot of radio to push into a Amp, but should be OK turned on low into a sweet-16.

If it were me, I would just run what you have, like it is...There's not much else your going to be able to do to get more audio out of what ya got without starting to splatter all over the place....Set up you got right now, should get ya close to 1000w's (guessing in the 800-900w area)

Now if you just want to get nasty watts...Get a Cobra 29, a 4-pill, and a 16-pill...that cuts lips off most of the local ducks...but there's always going to be someone bigger in the bowl.

Problem tho with going bigger, is all the other stuff you have to do to power everything...You'll spend more money setting up the truck to power the station, than what you spend on radio gear...[/QUOTE

Jesse James,
you I have heard of and it's been good things, but with all due respect as I understand you are a master in this field. I had this exact same set up and it was nothing short of panoramic. The tech that set it up nailed it. I could go through El Paso and the three big well known radios Lady Diamond Cadallac Man and poppa smurf got a lesson in STFU and let guys get their information out. Word was I smoked cadallac and he took his 29LTD and TS 600 back to the shop and I never touched a dial. As far as the truck I run a rescue vehicle double battery huge alternater and it's classed as an emergency special. Everything is grounded I know there is more to do but it's worth it to me

JesseJamesDallas
12-15-2017, 10:38 PM
Here's the thing I have learned about the Export radios like Galaxy, Connex, and some of the RCI's, the radios themselves have decent power, and lot's of bells and whistles, problem is they just are not "Audio Monsters", and the more power the radio has, the less options you have when it comes to running Amp's.

Two Export radios I have ran across that do have loud audio right out of the box, is the General Lee, and the Stryker 440...Those two have decent audio, and can be paired with 4-pill box's without having to do much of anything to the radio itself as far as peaking & tuning...

That said...IMO Cobra's have the best audio...Now at 4w's that audio is nowhere near the loudest true...But stick a 2x6, or 1 pill into a 2-pill into a 8 pill or 16 pill Davemade and there's not very many going to get over your audio!

All I would do is maybe have the DK turned back to about 1 to 1 1/2w's, maybe have a swing kit installed, just enough so the radio swings 20-25w's...Then let the Amp's do the rest...

As for the antenna...nothing wrong with the Predator 30K's...But, "Height is Might" and IMO the best Predator 10K on the market is the original single coil 10K.

Kale Cavel is a friend of mine, so he keeps me well stocked in all the Predator antenna's... I have just about all them and use to do comparison test with everything from Wilson 5000's, to 102" whips, Fatboys R6, 55's, Monkey Mades "Big John" and Mr. Coily's antenna's....The 30K is a good antenna, but I found it just doesn't get the same results in distant contacts as the single coil 10K which I feel has more to do with the single coil 10K just having more height to it...

Now Kale makes a different top section you can get for the 30K that will accept a cut-down 102" whip for a stinger instead of using the aluminum-rod that comes with it...The 30K does a little better with the whip-stinger.

Freefall58
12-17-2017, 11:27 PM
I have been talking on the radio since 1968 and of all that I have seen come n go Jesse had got it right for consistent available and inexpensive modulation the cobras win the spot. I good old board Philippine 148 with a few small mods and a dead key installed would give great forward swing with audio you could hear from a toaster in the kitchen if running the right box with it .LOL I'm serious I would come thru the darn toaster coils when I cranked it up into a JB 12 and then into a 14 tube Phantom oh man those were the days.But for the really big audio you gotta go tubes .Blueskies fellas and keep on keyin down

waving 4 fingers and thumb from Oregon

BOOTY MONSTER
01-16-2018, 11:20 PM
i'll suggest a older cobra or uniden with a 4 pin mic for better audio to your amps .