PDA

View Full Version : new member from maryland

Mocking bird
03-24-2018, 02:15 PM
hi, I'm called mocking bird, and I'm new to this forum. I started playing around with cb radios back in the 80's. with just a small realistic radio, and antenna, as something fun and different. I started learning a few things about cb radios, like what is s.w.r, amongst other things. well I got married, and had some kids, and I let the radio be put on the back burner. kids are all grown up, and now I'm picking up where I left off, learning more about amateur radio, cb radio, and all sorts of other related topics. I like to tinker, so I will take a cover off of something to see whats inside. I am learning about the electronics, and how things come together to send, and receive a signal. I am reading my AARL tech class book, as well as going on line to look up info. over the years I've acquired several pieces of equipment. some in great shape. some in need of work. I love the old tube stuff. at this time my set up is a base station, using antron-99 for my aerial, RG-213 for my coax, and a modified cobra 148 GTL, dead key 1-1/2 watts swinging 7 watts, super modulation kit, giving 100+% modulation on my dosy 4002 meter. there is so much to learn, and it's super fun when you make contact. 73's to all and hope to hear you on the air.

white knite
03-25-2018, 05:48 AM
Welcome to the forum Mockingbird.