PDA

View Full Version : I Built A Metal Dipole...

T-I-N-Y34
04-08-2018, 03:54 PM
I built it out of A PVC conduit T, an os239, and some 1/2" metal conduit...And mounted it horizontally. My radio came alive. I was talking skip like a madman. And my local almost doubled the range. I still need to ground my radio chassis to the rod outside to cut down on some noise. I built a switch to work with my two radios and one antenna and it's not working out so well...My SWRS are kind of hi when going through the switch. So I just ordered a switch to see if a manufactured one brings them down. I hope so.

mattsowders1989
04-09-2018, 07:20 AM
I built it out of A PVC conduit T, an os239, and some 1/2" metal conduit...And mounted it horizontally. My radio came alive. I was talking skip like a madman. And my local almost doubled the range. I still need to ground my radio chassis to the rod outside to cut down on some noise. I built a switch to work with my two radios and one antenna and it's not working out so well...My SWRS are kind of hi when going through the switch. So I just ordered a switch to see if a manufactured one brings them down. I hope so.

Can you post some pictures? I’d love to see the antenna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T-I-N-Y34
05-21-2018, 09:10 PM
As soon as it clears up a bit I'll be sure to get some pics up.

BOOTY MONSTER
05-21-2018, 09:21 PM
can you post some pictures? I’d love to see the antenna.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

x2 ............

T-I-N-Y34
05-24-2018, 10:01 AM
Here are some pics.