PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Texas

McBroom
03-03-2019, 11:14 AM
Howdy from Denison Texas
I’m a retired Marine and retired from OTR trucking.
I was a member of the left lane chain gang with a fast Peterbilt and stepdeck trailer.
I still miss trucking but still love my big radio’s.
They called me Freebird as that was the name of my company as well.

I love my 18 Ram 2500 4x4 named the “Blue Mule”

JesseJamesDallas
03-03-2019, 12:26 PM
Got a Base set-up? I've talked as far north as Whitesboro before locally...Usually have my beam pointed north...Your about 75 miles due north of me as the crow flies, so should be able to pick ya up as long as the channels not too crowded.

Quite a few in east/ and NE Texas hang out on channel 27 in the afternoons after dark, I generally hang around channel 19 in the late afternoons till 6 or 7pm, then check out the other channels after dark, or channel 28 when DX is rolling...

Maybe I'll catch ya out there sometime, call me "Jesse James around Dallas" and I'm back quiet...

McBroom
03-03-2019, 12:30 PM
I need to get my setup put in my Ram. But then I’d have issues getting it in the carport. As far as setting up the base station I need a really tall pole and would love a set of moon rakers on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McBroom
03-03-2019, 12:31 PM
I’ve got several radios from my trucking days and a few linerars too

JesseJamesDallas
03-03-2019, 12:36 PM
Probably not going to be able to find a moon raker anymore...I have a MaCo shooting star 4 element (similar to moonraker) I use on a 50' tower which gets the job done...had a 4 element Lightning Quad up for a while, but high winds took care of that antenna...

When you decide on getting a base antenna up, if you want to go with a beam, look into either the MaCo's or Gizmatchy's. (both are built by the same company)...Can't go wrong with either.

McBroom
03-03-2019, 10:23 PM
Will do