PDA

View Full Version : Uniden Washington

JunkyardDog
07-08-2019, 04:54 PM
I have a like new Uniden Washington. It is the last version produced, and says Uniden on it. I would like to know if I can have an RF output power switch installed on it to reduce output power. Also are there any other things you would recommend doing to make it function better. It is completely stock, the cover has never been off. Thanks, Jerry

nosaj
07-08-2019, 05:31 PM
Just curious why you would want to reduce RF output. It's like 4 watts.

Thanks,
nosaj

AtLarge
07-08-2019, 07:19 PM
I expect to reduce the radios output to better match the input of an amp without having to modify the radio? Link or name to this RF output power switch you speak of?

BOOTY MONSTER
07-10-2019, 07:52 AM
yes , variable deadkey is very useful and can be added by a competent person/tech .

JunkyardDog
07-10-2019, 03:10 PM
Thank you, that is what I was looking for. I did not have a certain switch in mind. I was just wondering if it could be done. I notice that a lot of the newer Galaxys have this feature. There is an excellent CB shop fairly close by.

nosaj
07-10-2019, 04:39 PM
I was hoping to learn something.could you tell me how it could be useful?

Thanks,
Jason

JunkyardDog
07-10-2019, 07:45 PM
I need to lower transmit power to prevent overdriving an amp

whiteastro
07-13-2019, 09:42 PM
I have 2 of those old Uniden Washingtons and was wondering the same thing but was wondering if there is a internal pot or two on the board that could be turned down to decrease the dead key to 3 watts on AM and 10 watts on SSB. So I don't overdrive my little amp. Any good techs have the pot numbers and direction of the turn?

Thanks Mike

nosaj
07-13-2019, 10:14 PM
http://www.notpurfect.com/main/uniwash.html
Going by the above link it looks like vr8 modifies AM output.

nosaj

whiteastro
07-14-2019, 05:59 AM
http://www.notpurfect.com/main/uniwash.html
Going by the above link it looks like vr8 modifies AM output.

nosaj

Thanks for taking the time to point me in the right direction. I haven't had the time to do the research because I've been working on my mobile systems. But maybe this winter I'll get the time to crack them open. one at a time of coarse. They always say how great these radios are so we shall see! Of coarse I have a Hy Gain Super penetrator I have to get raised in the air also. I'm going to custom build a tilting mount so I can raise this myself for tuning purposes. Getting help is sometimes harder to do. Thanks again Mike