PDA

View Full Version : Well......Kind Of my setup......

Bobcat
09-18-2019, 04:50 PM
This is only a part. Radios WILL join me in here a little later!!!!
For years, as I get closer to retirement age I have had a strong desire to get back to my "electronics roots". I went to school for electronics, spent about 8 years in it, then moved over to software for the next 33 years!!!! Now, I am wanting to get my hands into things again... mostly tube guitar amps and radios!!!! So I have been collecting test equipment for a while and am just now getting to the point that I am making the final moves to get it all together.

I can't wait.... I have a stack of radios to evaluate and get going....

https://i.imgur.com/PWVKjWH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9WROoNc.jpg

222DBFL
09-19-2019, 07:40 AM
If you haven’t already, get yourself a couple of 50 ohm dummy loads. They will be needed if you are planning on testing things or even working on them. Your antenna isn’t what you want to use as it is just tuned to a specific frequency. Just some food for thought. Enjoy the tinkering.

Bobcat
09-19-2019, 09:22 AM
Indeed, the second picture.... top shelf..... between the signal tracer and audio generator... is a VCI 600 watt dummy load. Once I get the attenuator/sampler built to drive the spectrum analyzer... the sampler will drive into that dummy load and the sample tap goes off to the spectrum analyzer.

I always appreciate reminders though!!! Thanks!!!

If you haven’t already, get yourself a couple of 50 ohm dummy loads. They will be needed if you are planning on testing things or even working on them. Your antenna isn’t what you want to use as it is just tuned to a specific frequency. Just some food for thought. Enjoy the tinkering.

222DBFL
09-19-2019, 10:19 AM
No worries. Just checking all the bases. Appears you will have a nice work place to tinker and such!!

Bobcat
09-19-2019, 01:50 PM
Again, I always appreciate a helping hand.
I've been dying to do this for years... it was just never in the right place or time to make it a priority.I'd really like to learn to do it the right way. Make them work right and clean. May just be my craziness...but there we are!!!!

No worries. Just checking all the bases. Appears you will have a nice work place to tinker and such!!

AtLarge
09-21-2019, 06:59 AM
Good for you. I plan to do the same in retirement as well. Go back and learn or re-learn everything I skipped over before. :300 (292):