PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Erie, PA

ARF2001
12-09-2019, 08:20 AM
Hello,

I've been dabbling around with CB, shortwave and ham radio since the late 1970's. I used to sneak out to my mom's car as a teenager on Friday nights and chat with folks at Southside Speedway in Midlothian, VA on the CB, fun times. I worked as a trucker for a little while, and of course used CB there.

I've been an electronics technician for 35 years, and work on all types of items. Preferring vintage things to anything new, I recently came across an ARF 2001 CB transceiver that intrigued me, and decided to refurbish it and set it up in my shop- hence my user name. I was surprised to hear how active CB is the Erie, PA area where I live. I have complimented the ARF radio with a Midland 78-754 (more or less the Cybernet GE Superbase/Midland 999 without the bells and whistles) and refurbished a vintage Palomar 90A linear amp. Having a lot of fun with the addition to the electronics hobby thus far.

-Mark-

whiteastro
12-09-2019, 02:11 PM
Welcome aboard from N/E PA maybe I'll catch you on the waves. I just acquired a Palomar 300A and getting interested in that!