PDA

View Full Version : Antenna Rotors for beam antenna!

whiteastro
01-13-2020, 07:26 PM
I can't remember reading very many post on antenna rotors and thought it might be nice to get a education, and suggestions on what is available, who makes them, what features to look for, which ones to stay away from, and which ones most people use. I might someday venture down the road of a beam so who better to ask than the professional junkees. Do they make one that not only turns east to west but also tilts up and down. Don't beat me up too bad ( LOL ) I only installed one for a TV once in my life so I haven't checked them out before. Thanks in advance! PS if I do a beam it will be like the OLD Moonraker unless there is something better out there!:300 (25):

Zero58
01-22-2020, 07:11 PM
You need something that Geared for the weight and length of a old moonraker! Check with Hi-Gain

whiteastro
01-22-2020, 07:24 PM
You need something that Geared for the weight and length of a old moonraker! Check with Hi-Gain
Thanks that makes a lot of sense because it would need to be more heavy duty than a tv antenna rotor.

Jay Mojave
01-29-2020, 06:59 AM
Hy-Gain Ham 4 rotor 25 years rotating a Mookraker 4 no problems

whiteastro
01-29-2020, 01:44 PM
Hy-Gain Ham 4 rotor 25 years rotating a Mookraker 4 no problems
Thanks for the suggestion gives me a place to start!

JesseJamesDallas
01-29-2020, 06:38 PM
If you are looking to buy, get with Ken (Rotortime) on fb...He is who I bought my rotor and the control unit from...He rebuilds and sells rotors, plus repairs them if you ever need that too...Check him out on facebook...He also sells on ebay

Rotortime KT4KI ken brownson (copy and paste on fb)

whiteastro
01-30-2020, 06:14 AM
If you are looking to buy, get with Ken (Rotortime) on fb...He is who I bought my rotor and the control unit from...He rebuilds and sells rotors, plus repairs them if you ever need that too...Check him out on facebook...He also sells on ebay

Rotortime KT4KI ken brownson (copy and paste on fb)

Thanks I'll check into that. Won't be buying soon but want to make a educated purchase when the time comes!