PDA

View Full Version : My Radio Bench

whiteastro
01-18-2020, 07:55 PM
Well was a snowy day in PA so worked on arranging my work station, and might be a work in progress. Hope I do the attachment right, if not I will retry. Mike

Turboomni
01-19-2020, 01:08 PM
WOW Looks Great!! Looks like a comfortable fun place to be. What is the piece of equipment on the top shelf to the right of the Pyramid power supply?

whiteastro
01-19-2020, 01:22 PM
WOW Looks Great!! Looks like a comfortable fun place to be. What is the piece of equipment on the top shelf to the right of the Pyramid power supply?

That is a old Palomar 300A amp I just bought for my Washington base station. Works good for a old amp.

Turboomni
01-19-2020, 02:21 PM
I am assuming it is a tube amp so it will keep your shack warm!!

whiteastro
01-19-2020, 03:29 PM
Yes it is a tube amp which is sought out by the old die-hard radio guys. I didn't seek it out it came my way unexpected at a price I thought was right. I haven't had a lot of time to put it thru it's paces because seems like skip is rolling when I am busy doing something or going some where. I'll be in my car and I'll hear the skip and think if only I was home I could check equipment out. When I am home I haven't got the radio personality or lingo down pat yet. And nobody close to me bothers with CB anymore so it is hard to check things out and tune your equipment. DX is a different world! PS Let me know when your set up and maybe we can connect on SSB like channel 34 or 40 where you wouldn't get talked over by everybody. 38 lsb is a madhouse when skips rolling and alot of big amps control the waves and I suppose some operators have their rigs tuned just right.

JesseJamesDallas
01-19-2020, 04:58 PM
mine...

https://i.imgur.com/w4WjctB.jpg

whiteastro
01-19-2020, 05:37 PM
mine...

https://i.imgur.com/w4WjctB.jpg

Looks good JJD did you change things around lately. Seems to look a little different than the last time I seen it. But I sure see your old Palomar Lite up. LOL 38 lsb was a mad house a little ago. Happy DXing

Turboomni
01-19-2020, 05:58 PM
Very nice JJD:thumbsup:

JesseJamesDallas
01-19-2020, 07:40 PM
Looks good JJD did you change things around lately. Seems to look a little different than the last time I seen it. But I sure see your old Palomar Lite up. LOL 38 lsb was a mad house a little ago. Happy DXing
It gets changed up every now and then a bit...but just a bit...not allot of real estate available on the desk!:grumpy:

whiteastro
01-19-2020, 08:22 PM
It gets changed up every now and then a bit...but just a bit...not allot of real estate available on the desk!:grumpy:

I know what you mean about desktop real estate, my desk was actually a tiny one and I made a new drop on top to expand the surface. Then I made the top self and a little corner self to expand the loading of gadgets. Cobble cobble cobble!

Buff
02-26-2022, 01:39 AM
I see some of you are in Pa. Will have to let me know times and days you are available and we can try to connect over the air.

GobblerK5
02-27-2022, 11:22 AM
Here's my junk...Station Peter Rabbit WWS 080 (Edit: Correction...made my two admin contacts today, so it's now WR080) https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220227/090533a85ad30f22072b56f34ad082b6.jpg

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

whiteastro
02-27-2022, 05:51 PM
I see some of you are in Pa. Will have to let me know times and days you are available and we can try to connect over the air.

The times I'm on the radio is very erratic, it's mostly when I can squeeze it in with my many projects. But if you hear PA50 on 38 LSB give me a shout and I'll comeback if I hear you. Happy DXing

Alabama Buckeye
03-18-2022, 10:35 PM
I'm quite green with envy of the stations pictured in this post. Could say professional amateur operators. At least quite devoted. Not a dust bunny anywhere.