PDA

View Full Version : CB repair shop near Portland Or?

Foxtrot
05-20-2020, 08:49 AM
Hello,
Does anyone know a good cb repair shop near Portland, Or? Or a good shop that I can mail my cb to for repair ? I have a Cobra 148GTL born 1994 in Malaysia. Any way it transmits and receives but the meter on the front does not work, had to use an external swr meter to set it up. Any help much appreciated.

whiteastro
05-21-2020, 05:06 AM
Just a heads up if you don't find a repair shop. You can replace those meters yourself cheap if you have patience for that kind of thing. Good luck!

Foxtrot
05-21-2020, 06:41 AM
I don't have a problem doing that. I will open her up to verify the meter. I assume this would be an acceptable replacement ?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cobra-148-Grant-Jackson-OEM-Meter-with-SWR-scale-with-Lamp-included/264440496318?hash=item3d91e1c0be:g:MT8AAOSwnDxUdojD Unless you have a better idea.

whiteastro
05-21-2020, 07:51 AM
No ideas from me but looks like your on the right track. Just remember the old saying ( Haste makes Waste ) Working on electronic requires Slow patients because of tight places. Let me know how you make out! Good luck!

silver bullet
05-21-2020, 08:29 PM
I too am looking for a good radio repair shop in the Portland Vancouver area. I have called a lot but they are out of business. I have done some repair and would be glad to help you if you like. By all means I am no expert but have not screwed up any radio yet. Sometimes you can free up a meter if you are careful with it.
Silver Bullet

Foxtrot
05-22-2020, 04:37 AM
Thanks I will keep that in mind.

I too am looking for a good radio repair shop in the Portland Vancouver area. I have called a lot but they are out of business. I have done some repair and would be glad to help you if you like. By all means I am no expert but have not screwed up any radio yet. Sometimes you can free up a meter if you are careful with it.
Silver Bullet