PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new radio

Captain Hook
05-28-2020, 07:40 AM
Hey guys. I’m looking to get a new mobile. First one in many years. I’ve read through a lot of the threads here and still need some guidance. I want SSB for one and the usual other things that are important.
what is the best I can get?
Also are there any good cb shops in the Atlanta area and north?
Thanks for the help.
CH

whiteastro
05-28-2020, 07:46 PM
There is a lot of choices out there with a lot of features. It's best to figure out what features are important to you and how much you want to spend and then go top shelf if you can so you don't keep upgrading. That gets expensive too because I've been caught up in the upgrade game. LOL But had a lot of fun along the way! Good Luck

Captain Hook
05-28-2020, 07:51 PM
Thanks for getting back to me. I know that I want SSB. IM OK EITHER WAY AS FAR AS WEATHER BAND. Alo would like one tha tunes up nicely. I don’t want to keep upgrading so l would like to get a really nice one to start with.

whiteastro
05-29-2020, 04:29 AM
Well then I would agree with JJD in here and suggest the President McKinley because it has about all a man needs with a external adjustable dead key in case you want to run a small amp. And it is a small package that will fit most anywhere and they claim it tunes really well. If I had it to do over that would be my choice. But take your time and there is some smart radio people in here who hopefully will chime in. And remember to spend the bucks on the best antenna you can work with because that is what will make your radio come alive. Decisions! Decisions! Decisions! LOL

Captain Hook
05-29-2020, 04:56 AM
Does a dead key have to be added or is it standard. That is one I have been reading about and it looks like a good one. Thanks

whiteastro
05-29-2020, 05:36 AM
As far as I know it is standard

Captain Hook
05-29-2020, 05:37 AM
Thanks. I appreciate it.

whiteastro
05-29-2020, 05:49 AM
your welcome. If you get the radio and a small amp they recommend getting them tuned together.