PDA

View Full Version : Uniden Bearcat 880 no power

silver bullet
06-22-2020, 01:59 PM
Hi to all. I have a uniden bearcat 880 that will not power up. Power does come in from the power cord, but does not get to the off/on switch. Uniden will not provide me with a service manual or wiring diagram. If someone here has either or both of these and would be willing to share that info I would truly appreciate it. No bad traces or soldering. No loose components either. Not sure where the problem is?

Thanks for any help or suggestions silver bullet.

Turboomni
06-23-2020, 04:33 PM
No fuse? Sometimes visually they don't look blown but are.

mjd420nova
06-23-2020, 06:15 PM
Google up the model and "service manual" they're not free but it's the only way to get a schematic of the unit.

Turboomni
06-23-2020, 06:52 PM
The thought schematics were not available for these newer Unidens, at least the 980

silver bullet
06-23-2020, 07:49 PM
Google up the model and "service manual" they're not free but it's the only way to get a schematic of the unit.

I have tried google but still can not find one for sale or otherwise. Do you have a link? Thanks silver bullet.

silver bullet
06-23-2020, 07:51 PM
I think you are correct, but sometimes someone has found a way to get one anyway.

nosaj
07-02-2020, 03:28 PM
Hi to all. I have a uniden bearcat 880 that will not power up. Power does come in from the power cord, but does not get to the off/on switch. Uniden will not provide me with a service manual or wiring diagram. If someone here has either or both of these and would be willing to share that info I would truly appreciate it. No bad traces or soldering. No loose components either. Not sure where the problem is?

Thanks for any help or suggestions silver bullet.
Any history on the unit? Or did you get it this way?

nosaj