PDA

View Full Version : Dosy Meter TFC-3001 Question

whiteastro
01-18-2021, 06:14 AM
I just bought this meter from Cooper Electronics for my bench because I like the SWR meter better than my other Dosy meter and I like the 6 digit frequency counter in it so I can read the freq. on any radio I hook up to it. But here is the question, when I hooked it up last night I noticed the freq. counter only reads AM freq. and not side band freq. and then noticed Dosy makes a TFC-3001-S model which I should have bought for SSB and now I'm wondering if there is a simple mode that can be made to my TFC-3001 to make it read SSB freq. like something as simple as adding a resistor or something in the circuit? Don't shoot me because I'm not a electronic geek and the meter will server my purpose as is but if I could do a simple mod to make it better I might consider doing it. Thanks in advance and yes I know about buying more expensive meters but that isn't in the cards or on the table because I'm not in business and just a little guy playing with my radios and made my last purchase for my bench ! LOL

BOOTY MONSTER
01-18-2021, 10:49 PM
i wouldn't worry about it . the FC on that meter only reads to .000 which is kinda useless for cb ssb or ham anything .

whiteastro
01-19-2021, 06:04 AM
i wouldn't worry about it . the FC on that meter only reads to .000 which is kinda useless for cb ssb or ham anything .

Thanks BM the one I have the decimal point actually moves to the proper place when I key the mic for a 6 digit display. But after looking around the internet for a decent picture of the Dosy SSB model of the meter I see there is a couple extra switches or controls on the SSB model that aren't on mine so what I want to do might not be do-able. I couldn't find any real clear picture, owners manual, or Wiring diagram for the Dosy TFC-3001-S online so I will forget my little Dream. LOL I did get to check the frequency of all my AM radios so the one I have is good for diagnostic purpose on AM so I have to keep in mind I'm not a repair shop plus I like the SWR read-out better on this one over my other meters. Thanks again !