PDA

View Full Version : The Latest Noizy Builts - Modular Design

noisemaker
04-04-2012, 10:51 AM
The large coil /short shaft has solid t6 lower shaft and a huge solid t6 ferrule. 1/4" round coil and 68" stinger. DMAXX currently testing for me and so far so good.

The longer shaft / smaller coil has fully tig welded upper and lower T6 shafts that are interchangeable to suit your height requirements. Coil is completely machined and threaded so you can change it with pretty much anything- length of coil/length of insulator. screw it in and go!

noisemaker
04-04-2012, 10:59 AM
Also let me add that my coils are alot stronger than some of the others out there that have aluminum thread holding them together. My coils are fastened with all stainless hardware - they can take a pretty good blow from a tree limb!

doughboy
04-04-2012, 11:01 AM
i need a set of those like nastiboy got from you pm me how much

D-MAX 2112
04-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Update...On my Noizy Mauler antenna.. i had an incident where in my "one horse" town i had to go into a covered bridge... i thought i would make it under... Well.. every horizontal beam in the bridge hit the antenna pretty hard. I could not stop and could not go back.
After i went thru i pulled over thinking this antenna was in trouble .. it was all there. When i got home i took it off and inspected it closely.. my stinger was bent and i replaced it but i could not find a single thing wrong with the rest of the assembly.. its on my honda with a new stinger .. re- tuned to exactly was it was before the covered bridge incident. I have photos of the bent stinger and the orig tuning( on the mfj) and the tuning after replacement of the stinger for anyone who would like them.

Thanks
D-MAX-2112NJ

noisemaker
04-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Lol between u and frank im gonna have u 2 be my abuse testers lmao

D-MAX 2112
04-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Yeah man.. my antennas get alot of miles put on them... approx 2-2.5k a month. They are "talked" on...they are subjected to alot of different enviorments. normally the stinger gets the worst of it. Its seeing @ 1k from the davemade in the honda... and i blab!!