PDA

View Full Version : Skip SweetSpots-Mobile

Mistah Gravy
04-04-2012, 07:50 PM
O.K. i live up here in the NorthEast corner of the U.S. in New Hampshire.it's a small farming town and as i've been told,it's more of a low-lying town which means that the town to my right and the town to my left are both higher in elevation that my town so it takes a little more power and oomph to get my signal out.

well,i have been out and about in the mobile and on quite a few occasions i have made contacts from the skip but i have found that there is one spot right down the street from my house that i can sit and i get great skip rx/tx.it is a small area of road,probably 20ft.x15ft. that if i sit in that area i get out on skip.

does anyone else have a sweetspot while out in the mobile where you can get out on skip?i've done this before on high areas of other towns that i live in and am curious if anyone experiences these sweetspots?

skyhawktexas
05-11-2012, 02:53 PM
I have a place here locally that I often leave out of to go to work. (Boat ramps) but it is known as the Texas City Dike. It is a five mile long barrier to the Texas city channel (Built to protect the ships from northern winds/waves in galveston bay) But anyhow they built a road on top of the dike... open beaches here in Texas which allow you to drive your cars/trucks on the sand. Here is a google earth image showing the distance from beg to end of dike.
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m216/slowandlowcelicas/texascitydikefromgoogleearth.png

Here is a aerial view looking from east end to west end from a chopper
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m216/slowandlowcelicas/texascitydike.jpg

noisemaker
05-11-2012, 03:57 PM
I think i raced there a couple time when i was doing the offshore thing

Mistah Gravy
05-11-2012, 10:20 PM
pretty cool picture!

SkipShooter
09-05-2012, 06:16 PM
omg i need to come down there.... thats a super DX spot... I LIKE !

anyways i have a spot here in Arkansas its 40 air miles dew west of little rock in the Quachita Ntl. Forrest there is a small peak that is WAY up in the air i can see for as far as the eye can see in all directions ... i have talked 250 air mile streight line at night from my old truck and was running 400 bird watts at the time .... as for skip...i can get on the bowl with 400 watts and stomp around ...lol ...im trying to find the elevation of this spot but i know i am atleast 700 feet higher than little rock ...atleast

SkipShooter
09-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Little Rock is 286 ft above sea lvl .... my spot i sit on is 2682 Ft .... wow didnt realize it was that high LOL

SkipShooter
09-05-2012, 07:36 PM
here is a shot 497

SkipShooter
09-05-2012, 07:38 PM
i get everything line out in my new mobile ill take some pics myself and me and the mobile on top....droppin a hammer

SkipShooter
09-05-2012, 07:46 PM
here is view from senic drive ( which is the road to my spot)496

High Voltage Mobile NJ
09-05-2012, 10:50 PM
beautiful pic skipshooter !!!!!!! i never new you had elevation out there .

SkipShooter
09-05-2012, 11:37 PM
shit man yea... 1/2 of arkansas is flat as a pancake... the other 1/2 is all mountains..... Ozark Mts and the Quachita Mts. my spot is only 80 feet lower than the highest point in arkansas... which is Mt Magazine.... but my spot is a small point up in the air... Mt. Mag is HUGE and got too many trees .... anyways its one bad azz spot.... come to Ar and ill show u it ... i promase u will be jelious LOL

Mistah Gravy
09-07-2012, 07:40 PM
wow nice pics Skip.there are quite a few spots somewhat like that between my area of NH on the way up to Maine.i haven't been up that way in quite some time but they are pretty nice but not as nice as what you've got pictured.

High Voltage Mobile NJ
09-07-2012, 08:24 PM
shit man yea... 1/2 of arkansas is flat as a pancake... the other 1/2 is all mountains..... Ozark Mts and the Quachita Mts. my spot is only 80 feet lower than the highest point in arkansas... which is Mt Magazine.... but my spot is a small point up in the air... Mt. Mag is HUGE and got too many trees .... anyways its one bad azz spot.... come to Ar and ill show u it ... i promase u will be jelious LOL

after hearing about all that height , i am dammmmmm jealous , lo llo ll ol lol lol:pig:

SkipShooter
09-07-2012, 08:34 PM
yea but just that it is a 2 hour drive from where i live now... i used to live 40mins away but now im in southwest Arkansas .... but i get my antenna on and radio and modulator installed... i might take a drive... spend the night up there... talk that good late night streight talk'n.... then when the sun rises ill catch that morning skip

SkipShooter
09-08-2012, 12:35 AM
hell where i live its 182 ft LOL is why the drive is worth it