PDA

View Full Version : New To CB.

Shindig
06-04-2021, 02:36 AM
Hey folks! New to the hobby here. Just thought I’d join the forum to learn more about CB.

Turboomni
06-04-2021, 08:59 AM
Welcome to the forum! Long range CB is getting better by the minute these days if that is what you are interested in.

Shindig
06-04-2021, 11:24 AM
Welcome to the forum! Long range CB is getting better by the minute these days if that is what you are interested in.
More range is always better.

whiteastro
06-04-2021, 05:57 PM
Turboomni is talking Sideband radio, unfortunately both your radios are AM only. But you can talk some skip on AM but it would help with a small Amp.

Shindig
06-05-2021, 05:22 AM
Turboomni is talking Sideband radio, unfortunately both your radios are AM only. But you can talk some skip on AM but it would help with a small Amp.
Yes, I’ve discovered that SSB is an option I should have selected for. Like any new hobby there is bound to be a learning curve. That’s part of the fun! I have managed to talk some skip, which was pretty cool! I’m already learning more by finding out what I don’t know. That will make future purchase planning more appropriate. For now... I plan on learning how to maximize the potential of what I do have. That should occupy me for a hot minute.

whiteastro
06-06-2021, 06:41 AM
Yes, I’ve discovered that SSB is an option I should have selected for. Like any new hobby there is bound to be a learning curve. That’s part of the fun! I have managed to talk some skip, which was pretty cool! I’m already learning more by finding out what I don’t know. That will make future purchase planning more appropriate. For now... I plan on learning how to maximize the potential of what I do have. That should occupy me for a hot minute.

Believe me I've made lots of mistakes in this hobby, so don't feel alone. LOL I've learned a lot from these old seasoned die-hards in the forums and more to go. It's all about Sharing !