PDA

View Full Version : First post

Phil
06-19-2021, 09:42 PM
Hi everybody! My name is Phil and I am very interested in getting back into CB again. I got out of CB/ham radio in the mid 80’s. Right now, I am looking for advice on a good SSB radio set-up so I can get started. I’m retired now and have more time for my hobbies. If you are curious my old set-up was a Robyn 510 with digiscan, Tempo 1, and a Kenwood TS-520.

whiteastro
06-20-2021, 07:42 AM
Welcome back like so many of us have done here. I'm no expert when it comes to radio but I will suggest at least get one that will at least do 10 & 11 meter like I wish I had done or you will be buying more radios. Lot of good radio people in here so I'm sure they will help you. Good Luck !

Phil
06-26-2021, 01:01 AM
Thanks for the advice. I am trying to decide on a radio. My problem is there are no stores anyplace close to me where I can check radios out. Right now it appears I will have to choose an on-line dealer and hope any upgrades are good quality.

whiteastro
06-26-2021, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the advice. I am trying to decide on a radio. My problem is there are no stores anyplace close to me where I can check radios out. Right now it appears I will have to choose an on-line dealer and hope any upgrades are good quality.

Try https://www.customcbradios.com/ they are in your area and the Tech Doug Mullins is rated highly. Or try Bob's CB Shop in PA. They also have a web site.

Phil
06-29-2021, 12:12 AM
Thanks again for the help.

whiteastro
06-29-2021, 05:58 AM
Thanks again for the help.

Your welcome ! You might have to drive a little but you might get personal attention at Custom CB Radio. That Doug fixed a McKinley radio for me under President's warranty program and was pleasant to talk to. Let us know how it turns out. Good Luck