PDA

View Full Version : Sirio Performer 5000 speed SWR issue?

Pryotex
10-10-2021, 03:26 PM
I have a magnet mount Sirio Performer 5000 center mounted on my truck.
I'm running an anytone 6666.

The radio has a SWR function and standing still I have the antenna tuned to 1.0 SWR on the radio and with Motorola meter
If I'm driving over 45-50 mph the SWR can read from 2.7 - 3.9

#1, is that normal?
#2, is an SWR reading only from stationary?

I don't think there is any water under it. If I slow down, the reading drops.

I just don't want to cook the finals.

Turboomni
10-10-2021, 10:19 PM
I also have a Sirio Performer 5000. I have always gotten very low swr's with this antenna and very good results. BUT I bought this antenna because when installed with a mag mount on my 04 Tundra who's roofline is already 6 feet I would use the mount to bend it back because it would otherwise hit low lying trees at 13 feet or so. I only use it when I arrive at my destination and only recieve when traveling.

JesseJamesDallas
10-12-2021, 06:53 PM
Only need to check SWR when stopped...driving around the antenna will pick-up reflect off surroundings, and whats under the road...SWR readings when driving won't be accurate..."bouncing around" swr reading when moving is normal...

although 3.9 sounds a bit on the high-side even for moving...may want to double check and make sure it's not losing ground, or a loose connector on the coax.

ForestRunner98
10-30-2021, 06:36 PM
Make sure, OP, you have that metallic decal on the bottom of the magmount under the rubber pad. Without it your SWR can go up.

RVCB
12-30-2021, 03:45 PM
Following this thread as I have just bought one of these antenna, but as yet I have not installed it.

Turboomni
12-30-2021, 04:04 PM
Looking forward to your results. I like mine very much and have talked all over even to England across the pond from MA with a little help from a small kl 203.