PDA

View Full Version : Setting up a test bench

localtrucker
11-27-2021, 11:21 AM
Just looking for some one who may know a little bit about setting up a test bench for cb and export radios?

JesseJamesDallas
12-02-2021, 03:16 PM
yep...i do.

Spooky
12-20-2021, 08:14 PM
ARRL Handbook has a chapter on setting up a workbench. Check your county library. I literally work on a plastic cutting board in the sleeper of my big rig! Lol anything is possible if done with safety in mind.

remember to isolate your mains power with a transformer and keep a fire extinguisher nearby no joke it’s better to have it and not need it.

use LED shop lights to lessen EMI from ballasts

have fun!

Bobcat
01-03-2022, 01:56 PM
Spooky, the subject of lighting is of great interest to me....as I can not see well without REALLY good lighting.

I notice that you suggest LED lighting while I have heard others suggest that LEDs cause noise in the immediate are.... both in homes AND in cars that use LED lighting.

What kind of comments can you make on this? What is your experience?

Bob

ARRL Handbook has a chapter on setting up a workbench. Check your county library. I literally work on a plastic cutting board in the sleeper of my big rig! Lol anything is possible if done with safety in mind.

remember to isolate your mains power with a transformer and keep a fire extinguisher nearby no joke it’s better to have it and not need it.

use LED shop lights to lessen EMI from ballasts

have fun!

mjd420nova
01-03-2022, 08:50 PM
One big item that may sound over the top but I can't get by without my lighted magnifier. I have the old style with the circular flouresent tube and round lens and another with small LEDs on the sides of a rectangular lens. Important when searching for the elusive broken plate through hole or just to inspect the PCB.