PDA

View Full Version : Funny one last night............

Hayseed
04-05-2012, 08:11 PM
After getting everyone's opinion on "battery or frame" for the ground hookup, I reduced the length of the ground lead by a couple of feet and went back to the battery.

After getting everything reconnected, I had to try it and make sure everything was in good working order.

Backed out of the garage and tried to get back to a couple of guys in Cali on SSB.

My wife came haulin butt outside and wanted me to come in and look at how the lights were "acting up"

She has two of those "touch to turn on" type lights at the front door.

When I keyed up the lights in the house would come on and go through the cycle of levels of brightness and then back off.

Stock, barefoot 2970N2..................50 ft. from the house:p

noisemaker
04-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Touch lamps?

JesseJamesDallas
04-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Yep...touch lights don't like RF...

noisemaker
04-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Man i light my neighbors house up pretty good. Hehehe

High Voltage Mobile NJ
04-05-2012, 11:09 PM
thats even better than , clap on clap off clap on clap off the clapper !!!!! :D

Hayseed
04-06-2012, 07:27 AM
Yea, I'll have to ride around some of the neighborhoods and see how many lights I can make come on............Freak some folks out

High Voltage Mobile NJ
04-06-2012, 08:38 PM
The Ghost of Salem got down got down !!!!!!!!! lol :pacman:

D-MAX 2112
04-08-2012, 06:08 AM
My outdoor lights'modulate" on off with my audio.. ! first time that happenend i was like wth?

noisemaker
04-08-2012, 09:30 AM
The sensor lights on peoples garages and houses are also fun. I have 1 street light in the neighborhood so its pretty dark at night. Key once and let the roger beep do its thing lights the path quite well. Lol

D-MAX 2112
04-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Other day i scrambled one of the 'led signs" at the shopping center. It went back to normal after about 10 min.

noisemaker
04-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Getting off trak with the fun stories. Lol. Its most likely not you mobile- if it bleeding and turning lights on and off its working! Lol- thats how ya know! I personally like to ground radio to body, and amps directly to battery and usually will add a neg battery to frame. Then i make sure all moving body panels (hood, doors, hatches, etc) are bonded to one another. Works for me

D-MAX 2112
04-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Noisey how do you connect the moving panels together?.. meaning ground strap links them like a "daisy chain"? I did the hatch to the hatch body bracket in the honda.. same way with the hood. My amp ground goes direct to the chassis.
Weird thing happens. I have a cig lighter 3 gang 12v socket for my gps and to charge an led light.. when i have the cig plug in and the gps disconnected. The cable seems to become an antenna and get saturated with RF... i cannot talk on the radio . a 'wicked " squeal from the radio and i blast over the am fm with it turned off!!. If i remove the gps power cable from the cig socket... everything goes to normal. Drove me a little crazy finding this.
So i was thinking i might need more grounding. If the rf is around inside doesnt that mean less being radiated?.. is that effecting the transmit signal strenth from the antenna?

Thanks
Keith 2112

noisemaker
04-08-2012, 11:58 AM
Just connect stuff with copper braid and eyelts crimped or soldered. This way it travels with the movement. I dont trust those gamg boxes. They are made in china and are built cheaply. You can wind some ferrites around accessories to minimize stuff. I used to ground my amps to the chassis but more. I go right to the battery bank and add a chassis ground at that bonding point. Had better luck with rf that way. Also bond tail pipe to frame with 1" braid. Grind/sand everything to ensure good bond

Mistah Gravy
04-10-2012, 12:33 PM
i just heard the same exact thing the other day about these touch lamps.i don't remember if it was on here or the other site i frequent but i was told that once i get my base up and running,that i better hope that none of my near-by neighbors have those touch lamps because they will cycle on and off with my keying and talking.that is a riot and i can't wait to see it happen at night time,if they do have them.

i'll totally mess with them and watch them through the window and when they put their hand near it i'll key up and turn it on....when they jump back i'll turn it off and keep doing it until they faint and drop to the floor.then when i see them i'll purposely go over and strike up a conversation and tell them how i've been seeing things in my house and think i am crazy,tell them i've seen a little kid run through my living room and out through my sliding glass door and right over to their house where they stand at their lamp in their living room(the touch lamp)and he sits there and plays with it.

that oughtta' really mess with them.ha ha lmao!!