PDA

View Full Version : CB Junkies Keydown

707 Lumpy Delaware
04-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Hello All,
Maybe we should host a Break, somewhere between New Jersey, Delaware, and Pennsylvania. This would be a great boost for the forum, We should all put our heads together and plan CB Junkies Keydowns from Coast to Coast, what other forum does that. Think about it fellow Junkies.

noisemaker
04-05-2012, 11:01 PM
I like it but the biggest problem would be finding a venue

High Voltage Mobile NJ
04-05-2012, 11:08 PM
there are parks avaliable that dont cost more than $300 or less . johnson park is still one of them . hmmmmmmmmm
down by cape may is avaliable to .

noisemaker
04-06-2012, 06:37 PM
We need one in north jersey.

High Voltage Mobile NJ
04-06-2012, 08:30 PM
i wanted to do the sussex county fairgrounds but the assholes never called me back . looks like we will have to try again and make it happen .

doughboy
04-07-2012, 03:37 PM
Thats because the guys that handle the fairgrounds are all hams

doughboy
04-07-2012, 03:41 PM
If a place can be found i can sponsor it i can pay for it i dont how to do food thing have everyone bring theyre own or charge small admission fee and supply the food? Noisemaker shoot me a pm with some ideas

Mistah Gravy
04-07-2012, 04:14 PM
i live in New Hampshire and something that is in,near or around Jersey would be something that i would be interested in.i'd pay an admission for something that would have food.i would also be willing and happy to man a grill(if we grilled)and do anything else to help out with the whole culinary experience.

i've spent many years as a cook and managing different kinds of kitchens,from pizza shops to corporate catering so i am very handy in the kitchen.with all kinds of food,and since i grew up around all of my Italian relatives/aunts/grandmothers/mother etc... i specialize in Italian food and many friends of mine go nuts for my calzones.point being,if something were put together and i could make it,i would be happy to volunteer to help with food in any capacity.

D-MAX 2112
04-07-2012, 07:20 PM
This is a great idea... if i can help out let me know.

High Voltage Mobile NJ
04-07-2012, 08:49 PM
i feel the love in the house tonight !!!!!!:thumbsup:

noisemaker
04-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Well, just a thought- if we cant do a key down we can arrange a big ass swap meet break. That way the hambones cant bitch. Shootouts would be an added bonus tho. Theres a park in ( i think) ringwood or butler that would be awesome for like a bbq or something. I think you can make reservations too. Can fit alot of peeps in there. Have to explore some. Def would like to so something tho. Would be fun

noisemaker
04-07-2012, 09:02 PM
Kinda like they do in manchester- maybe have it at a hotel or something

High Voltage Mobile NJ
04-07-2012, 09:10 PM
i like that noisemaker sounds awsome !!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

707 Lumpy Delaware
04-07-2012, 10:55 PM
If you guys find a venue, I'll be the P.I.O. (Public Information Officer) , to spread the word via CB World in Elkton, Md. R&R Communications in Wilmington, De. and Madd Electronics in Delmar, De. and some of the techs out there like 216 Stickman, Pony Express, Fatboy (Charger), X-Force, and Sidewinder (New Jersey founder DaveMade)

doughboy
04-08-2012, 08:56 PM
some of you local guys send me a pm lets see if we can get something going noisemaker do you know any info for that park?

Black Mats
04-09-2012, 10:56 PM
Id love to come to one of these get-togethers, but its to far for me to drive to texas or where ever they have one. Id make the drive to jersey, Pennslyvaina or southern NY state. Ive never been to one and i would love to go. I obviously wouldnt be competing but i would be there to meet some friends from the fourm and learn new things in the hobby

Mistah Gravy
04-09-2012, 11:59 PM
same with me Black Mats.i'd go just for the meet-n-greet with the people i come across here and another cb website that i belong to(they have the same break posted for Jersey i believe).i just got back into CB's last year and right now only have two small two pill amps but even so,if i had better equipment i couldn't compete with these guys at the keydowns.some of these guys are engineers and other backgrounds like that as well as having decades of knowledge and experience in this hobby and have tricks under their sleeve that i couldn't pay for.

so it'd be a long time coming and a shit-ton of money into a set-up before i would attempt to compete in one of the keydowns.now if it were car audio equipment,i may consider it since i used to be involved in that hobby back in the day.but this has more technical knowledge to it and things i can't information behind it that i can't even scratch the surface on even if i spent the next year studying all that i could find.these guys just know their shit!!

i am more of a fun time guy so i do hope to make it to the Jersey break and meet some of the guys from this forum especially,as well as the other cb forum i belong to.so far i have seen a good group of guys on this site that i know i would get along greatly with.i've asked quite a few questions and i've gotten more than i've expected for answers.i've gotten info that i hadn't even considered and didn't even ask about.that right there shows me the class of people i am amongst here and i personally like that.that is the kind of person that i am,offering whatever help i can.i am the kind of guy that pulls over to help someone change a tire while all other drivers beep at the guy for being stuck in the middle of the road.

good place,and i hope to make it to a break so i can meet the great people.i have to start saving my pennies so i can even consider going to the Jersey break.i went to Jersey two years ago and it took us about 4hours.

i figure that means where i went was about 300 or so miles away from me in New Hampshire.that's about one full tank of gas in my Jeep if i drive lightly,which is between $70 and $100 each way.that doesn't include a half a tank of gas in local driving that i figure i'll do while at the break(food,drinks,prostitutes,weed runs,and so on).i figure i'll spend $300 in gas for the weekend and then need spending money.i don't plan on buying any euqipment while i am there.... but who the hell could hold to that?i know i can't go in a candy store and not drool and end up spending my money.so i figure i'll need $500 spending money for food,prosti...everything.i'll hide an extra $250 in my stuff that i won't touch unless an emergency(a good price on an amp or a radio i may want).

o.k. i've gone on long enough.i could go on more but i won't because i doubt anyone has made it half the way through that post.but if you did,cheers and thanks for reading.it wasn't very exciting but you bared it and made it to the end of my post,but not the end of my postS.Gravy626

707 Lumpy Delaware
04-10-2012, 10:36 AM
If we host a break I will contact some of the local techs like Charger (N.J.), Sidewinder (N.J.), and Stickman (Md.) to spread the word and also Fancy Dancer (Philly) to spread around to anyone interested in attending.

Mistah Gravy
04-10-2012, 11:23 AM
we could get some big base stations out in dx to shout it while keying up allover everyone.that would be decent advertising.but we'd have to get them on board with it and from what i can tell,most of the big base stations are out of Texas and i doubt any of them would come.....do we have any big Northeast base stations that we could talk to and get to once in a while,shout out the details of the CBJ break should one happen?

Black Mats
04-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Im not a "big" station but im in the northeast and i can try to spread the word

doughboy
04-13-2012, 08:54 PM
hey guys were going to try to come up with something might not be until end of june or july though

High Voltage Mobile NJ
04-13-2012, 11:01 PM
sounds good , i be counting the days down !!!!!!

Mistah Gravy
04-15-2012, 02:52 AM
that would be good for me.not having a full time income right now,that i can depend on,it would give me plenty of time to put the money together.that's as long as this is an east coast meet.

707 Lumpy Delaware
04-18-2012, 11:44 PM
Definitely an East Coast swap and possible keydown.

Mistah Gravy
04-22-2012, 10:36 AM
has anyone made any contact with a venue about this yet? and if not,do you's have any idea where in Jersey this may take place?i am asking because i have been to Jersey only one time(for my cousin's wedding)and the place i went to was about 4hours away from my house and that wasn't a bad ride.i've done the Florida and back ride many times,one time all by my lonesome and it wasn't a bad ride as well so a 4hour ride isn't much for me.just wonderin'.

707 Lumpy Delaware
04-23-2012, 12:53 AM
Hey Everyone I got a possible venue in Delaware, it's called Lums Pond State Park in Middletown Delaware

Birdy
05-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Where ny,nj, and pa meets there is a nice park in pa on the river and next to I-84... Big place..

doughboy
05-13-2012, 12:12 PM
Yeah we have a few ideas kicking around but im not scheduled to go back to work intil the end of may once i have som cash in hand well put sonething together

beltway bandit
05-13-2012, 03:53 PM
I have a friend with a big farm in warren county nj. north central part of the state. hackettstown nj

We need one in north jersey.

doughboy
05-13-2012, 03:56 PM
Warren county would be a good place

beltway bandit
05-13-2012, 03:58 PM
he has no neighbors for 1.5-2 miles. so there would be knowone to complain. hes a great party host. I just left him a voicemail. I have not spoke to him in years but all I van do is try.

Black Mats
05-16-2012, 12:05 AM
Ya Warren county (NY) would be greeeat!!!! LOL.. What kind of facilities would be needed for a Meet/Keydown? Im in a tourist town with lots of motels and campgrounds. And whats needed for a meeting place. If you want to know what the area is like, google Lake george and Bolton Landing NY

Mistah Gravy
05-26-2012, 02:09 AM
all we'd need is a coupla' shovels to dig holes to crap in. and then a water hose running from his house to get water from:rofl:

nino
08-03-2012, 08:56 PM
pennsylvania would b nice. i am tired of seeing everything a million miles away

Silverado 996
08-22-2012, 07:36 PM
Any keydowns in the South, just wondering... The North East is havin' all of the fun.... lol!

doughboy
08-23-2012, 05:04 PM
Most of them are in the south or out west fatboys is here in nj near atlantic city

Silverado 996
08-24-2012, 07:46 PM
Most of them are in the south or out west fatboys is here in nj near atlantic city

I will do another search.... Thanks

stinkbug
06-01-2013, 09:39 AM
he has no neighbors for 1.5-2 miles. so there would be knowone to complain. hes a great party host. I just left him a voicemail. I have not spoke to him in years but all I van do is try. hey who"s your friend im from ther to