PDA

View Full Version : I NEED A Radio Tech RIGHT NOW PLEASE!!

Mistah Gravy
04-06-2012, 02:33 AM
O.K. i've mentioned it a few times on here,but i won an auction for a 148F on eBay and it got delivered today and it is DOA.i spoke to the seller(he is a reseller of goods not radios,he just came across this and took it in his inventory to resell)and i told him that the radio is DOA and at first i wanted a refund but thej thought about it and told him that i'd like to bring it to a techto see what's wrong with it if he'd pay for the repairs.he agreed to pay up to around fifty bucks,anythimg more than that and he'd just give me my money back so i told him i would send it in for a diagnosis because i really like this radio.

so do you guys know of a real good tech that could/would take the radio in right now and diagnose it?
i'd really like to keep this radio.PLAEASE HELP!!!!Gravy626-New HampshaH

High Voltage Mobile NJ
04-06-2012, 04:09 AM
mad electronics in delaware hes awsome and very fare !!!!!! he has great equiptment to work on to .

the guys name is Mike. 302-875302-875-5933

BOOTY MONSTER
04-06-2012, 06:20 AM
http://www.dtbradio.com/

doughboy
04-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Hey mistah gravy i sent you a pm i need your address again to send you those decals
Send it in a pm not here
Thanks

Mistah Gravy
04-07-2012, 06:11 PM
sorry Dough,i thought i sent the PM but i musta not hit "Send".i'll send it now.

thanks Volt and Booty.i ended up finding and contacting a tech in the Massachusetts area that i used to go to back in the 1990's(didn't know they were still around)and he told me that the radio i was contacting him about could possibly have major issues and my best bet would be to return it.

the guy i bought it from,not a CB seller,had turned it on and everything worked......then he keyed it up without an antenna.BOOM!!!! so when i got it,it was DOA nothing would turn on at all.i panicked and when i spoke to the seller originally,i was going to take it to a shop to have it diagnosed and the seller said he'd pay up to $50.00 to have it fixed.well,i'm sure ya know that fifty bucks might cover the diagnostic portion of the bill.

so i just opted to request a refund if i return the radio and that's what i am doing.i'll ship it back out Monday and when he gets it back he'll refund my money and i'll take that and just buy a different 148F(my favorite radio that i've wanted for a while now).thanks for the replies.i do need to have my two 148GTL's looked at and tuned.one of them won't tx so i have to have that one fixed.i want the 148F as a base as this is a radio that i have long fancied.

BOOTY MONSTER
04-07-2012, 06:47 PM
does anyone know if MG's radio uses the reverse polarity protection diode ?

High Voltage Mobile NJ
04-07-2012, 08:49 PM
cool !!!!! bump bump

Mistah Gravy
04-08-2012, 05:06 PM
ya know what pissed me off about this whole deal.... the fact that i goole searched every way i could,for a CB radio shop in New Hampshire and came up with nothing at all.i was told of a shop a little further up north but it didn't come up on the google search.
i did eventually do a search for the same,in Massachusetts and came up with the shop i used to deal with back in the day.they don't necessarily do serious repairs to CB's because now-a-days they deal in other consumer electronics since CB's have pretty much died down over the last 10 to 15years or so.but they will accept the occasional tune and minor repair though so i'll keep them in mind for something minor but would prefer to use a real shop for repairs and tune/tighten-ups.so i'll keep the phone number and the link to dtb(who i have contact about a week ago regarding turn around time on repairs since i have two 148GTL's that will need work).so thanks again!!
i just can't believe that there are only one or two shops between Mass and New Hampshire.pisses me off!!

r23
08-04-2012, 07:24 PM
There is a truck accessories store in Bow N.H. called Berube's. They have a cb shop and do repairs, never had work done there so I can't vouch for their work.

jayco452
08-07-2012, 11:48 PM
Bells cb in ft. Lauderdale. I live in canada and all my radios goto him. Its well worth the price. Utube bellscb and watch some of his work.

ducksoupe
12-15-2012, 09:48 PM
I am in Massachusetts ,where is this Tech ? I buy Vintage radios an I am so over working on them myself . Ebay is getting real tricky lately, lots of junk . I know of one dealer in West Bridgewater ; but he does not have a web page and I don't know what he stocks . I have been dealing with Redman and Walcotts and they deliver what I want . There are 148's out there ; but I would buy on one of the forums from someone who has been there for awhile . My days of chasing people on Ebay are over .

NY714
02-09-2013, 12:45 PM
Mike's electronic in dayton ohio is excellent small shop. Can actually talk to tech and get radio back in a normal period of time. He does work for alot of the big cb shops on internet, but cheaper if go directly to him. 740-779-6721