PDA

View Full Version : New guy to the CB world

babygoose
03-07-2023, 07:43 AM
I’m new to the CB world. Looking to get into it. I’ve used HF, UHF, VHF, SAT, and the old school sound powered phones while I was in the military. I’m retired now, but my grandfather was big into cb radios, and I want to get into it as well, but have no idea where to even start… any guidance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

mjd420nova
03-07-2023, 11:33 AM
A local flea market or swap meet could provide a basic 40 channel unit with AM and SSB. Single sideband can yield the best range and some of the quieter channels to talk with others and minimal interference. I started in the 1960s with just a four channel unit on AM but by the 70s was into sideband and found contacts across the globe. When the use of not allowed frquencies was more popular, the FCC relented and made them into channels, thus the change from 23 channels to 40 channels. Lately FM has been added but the only benefit from that was a lower noise level but decreased range.

babygoose
03-09-2023, 08:12 AM
Thanks man, I’ll give that a shot!!!

trustedOptionsCom
03-10-2023, 04:58 AM
No Deposit Games AKA "play for free!!!!!!!!!!" click (http://noDeposit.games/slots/?utm_source=org&utm_id=NDG&refid=002079060)