PDA

View Full Version : Ok or mududck station, you decide

707 Lumpy Delaware
04-09-2012, 02:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS6jdy7BnMM

BOOTY MONSTER
04-09-2012, 02:34 AM
assuming he has a good antenna system it has the potiental to be very effective . i'd move the radio off the amp so it can get better air flow for the fan . i'd also consider a long set of jumpers to put it in another room . LOL

Mistah Gravy
04-09-2012, 11:24 AM
as far as jumpers to an amp or any other plug in,i've heard to use only either a 3ft. or an 18ft.(18or17ft can't exactly remember).i read this on a coax website.does anyone know if this is totally true?i know there are enough people on here with the knowledge to properly address this and since i am in the process of setting up a base station i need to know this.

p.s.that does look like he's got a nice set up but i don't know why someone with such a nice set-up would place his radio on top of such a large amp.that's something a total amateur would do,no offense to the guy in the video but it's not the right thing to do and even i know that!

oil2gas
12-30-2012, 04:27 AM
I was talking on my cell with a OLDER person yesterday who retireed from Palomar back from the day when they were the KING. Here is what he told me where everyone makes a mistake? the jumper from radio to amp should not be 3 ft .....It should be 11ft 4inches ? Has anyone heard of this footage? might try it today

Mistah Gravy
02-03-2013, 10:52 AM
i've only ever heard of 3ft or 18ft and on more than one site now that it's been a couple of months since the last post in here.....meaning-i've been to more sites and read more on this subject.

oil2gas
02-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Thanks but guess what your saying is that current will always take the path of least resistance which applies ti different size coax?
thanks