PDA

View Full Version : We want your ideas

doughboy
04-22-2012, 05:12 PM
let us know your ideas for new features even if they are things you have never seen before maybe we can get it done
:300 (193):

alonzomerrill
06-08-2012, 04:26 AM
It is nothing like this is specially different from other. Do what you like or what you want to do. It makes different from itself from others.

coolbreeze
06-08-2012, 12:31 PM
we need a code that changes someones post around so it says " i argue just because "

BOOTY MONSTER
06-08-2012, 01:22 PM
or one that says "if i say it , it must be true"

High Voltage Mobile NJ
06-08-2012, 01:55 PM
no bandcampers allowed period ! lol lol lol :director:

Gordon Gekko
06-08-2012, 01:55 PM
I think booty should be a moderator

BOOTY MONSTER
06-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Lmbfao !!!

Mr.5150cbrn
06-08-2012, 06:50 PM
need a code for ; thats BULLSHIT into "thats the GOSPEL"

halfwatt959
02-12-2014, 08:57 AM
Would like a 23ch section.

the caveman
02-14-2014, 01:21 PM
Better yet how about a "Vintage Equipment" section?

halfwatt959
02-14-2014, 04:16 PM
YEAH! The Caveman nailed right. Myself I love the antique stuff. Vintage section gets my vote for what its worth.

stang
03-18-2014, 06:41 PM
How about a section that shows / tells all new to cb people whats what. Like low drive, high drive, pills, SWR ect. I know I for one have a lot to learn. I don't know what half the shit is y'all are saying half the time! Specifically when it comes to amps and such.

Stang

halfwatt959
03-20-2014, 07:34 AM
That's a right smart idea you got there Stang. We could definetly use something like that. I don't know much that I can contribute myself but will help where I can. Would make a great reference tool/page.

stealth
04-02-2014, 01:22 AM
i think there should be a dedicated help section , where the 'wise old coots' can drop bombs of knowledge on whoever needs it. i know this type of thing winds up playing itself out in the general discussion section where its somewhat hidden . why not give everyone an obvious place to ask for help ? sounds to me like a good companion for the reference / tool section . idk its just an idea

CrAzYcUsToM
04-04-2014, 11:47 PM
How about sellers advising when items are sold so the thread can be closed off. This way people such as myself
are not annoying anyone.

mjd420nova
04-05-2014, 08:47 AM
I'm not familiar with the "pill" term either. I know the hardware inside and out but have been idle on CB for 20 years.

NY714
04-05-2014, 10:34 AM
How about a section that shows / tells all new to cb people whats what. Like low drive, high drive, pills, SWR ect. I know I for one have a lot to learn. I don't know what half the shit is y'all are saying half the time! Specifically when it comes to amps and such.

Stang

Your going to have to get the basic's from your locals, IMHO.

NY714
04-05-2014, 10:35 AM
I'm not familiar with the "pill" term either. I know the hardware inside and out but have been idle on CB for 20 years.

20 years and never heard the term of "pills" amazing

NY714
04-05-2014, 10:37 AM

No because 23 channel is a thing of the past. There is so much action from 24-40 why bother with 23 channel anymore as far as radio's. Vintage is still great with Mic's and Amps.

mjd420nova
04-05-2014, 07:22 PM
Well, I am a engineer/tech and have services some serious hardware. Maybe there's a translation thing here. Like a pretty girl being bird.

NY714
04-06-2014, 12:41 AM
Well, I am a engineer/tech and have services some serious hardware. Maybe there's a translation thing here. Like a pretty girl being bird.

Is this your idea of "We Want Your Idea's" ? What is your idea in this post? I also have Engineering/Finance Degree also, so what does that mean? What does that have to do with Idea's? Didn't you take English as part of your classes? You if anyone should know how to address an idea? Very confused?

222DBFL
04-06-2014, 04:42 AM
Transistors are often referred to as pills as they look like a pill. Take a toshiba 2879 for example, looks like a big "pill", in reality it's a transistor. Some more cb lingo, must be easier for some to say pill rather than use the real term, that or they don't know what else to call them lol.

222DBFL
04-06-2014, 04:46 AM
It would be cool to do a classic radio roundup on a certain night and only use old radios. I had the opportunity to do this while up north and it was pretty fun, got to meet some great people and hear some old school radios that all sounded top shelf. It's an idea. Have everyone meet on a certain channel like 16lsb, and have at it. Maybe at like 8pm Friday nights or something like that. Hope this isn't too flaky of an idea and god bless.

NY714
04-06-2014, 08:33 AM
It would be cool to do a classic radio roundup on a certain night and only use old radios. I had the opportunity to do this while up north and it was pretty fun, got to meet some great people and hear some old school radios that all sounded top shelf. It's an idea. Have everyone meet on a certain channel like 16lsb, and have at it. Maybe at like 8pm Friday nights or something like that. Hope this isn't too flaky of an idea and god bless.

We have local here in NY that go on 16 LSB, once in while and are into the old Vintage Radio's with tubes for example in the radio's. They do sound amazing compared to today's SMT technology. I actually like at least the 40 channel SSB Vintage radio's. SuperBee Base Station, Roadtalkers by sears, and those courier's have some great audio just to mention a few. We can't forget the classic Cobra 2000GTL maybe the best radio of all times for 11 meters too.

NY714
04-06-2014, 08:38 AM
Transistors are often referred to as pills as they look like a pill. Take a toshiba 2879 for example, looks like a big "pill", in reality it's a transistor. Some more cb lingo, must be easier for some to say pill rather than use the real term, that or they don't know what else to call them lol.

They say that soon the Toshiba's are going to be a thing of past being replaced by DEI transistor. Alot of people are stocking up on the Toshiba's while they last even though the price has gone thru the roof. RF Parts seems to still have a good inventory of Toshiba's but who knows when they will run out. Then Ebay will be selling them for $80 instead of the price of about $40 now. They say the main difference is only if you are volting up the Toshiba's can handle the 18-20 volts but if running at 12-14.5, they say the DEI's are just as good. FYI

222DBFL
04-06-2014, 11:12 AM
Oh yes the toshiba vs DEI wars has begun lol. People forget it not the transistors really, it's the complete setup of the amp itself, the way it's made, put together and the biasing. Don't over volt or over drive the DEI pills and they should work fine. It's only the ones that are using more voltage than what the spec sheet says that seem to be having issues. Always leave some headroom if possible, your amp will thank you and will last much longer this way. JMO. I am not an amp builder but I do know clean in equals clean out. And over Driving amps is common place it seems as most don't take the time to research what they are doing. Xforce, Dave made, fat boy and all the other amp builders are always going to put up big numbers on their sites, it is what makes sales. Then guys get the amp and wonder why it isn't doing the watts that are advertised. I think it's funny as really if you can't talk on ssb with a good radio and a good 2 transistor amp, then you have other issues IMO. Most people put the cart before the horse and buy a 400 dollar amp and a 20 dollar antenna then wonder why they can't talk. Idk, maybe it's just me, but I have spent a lot of time on my antenna setup and it's finally where I want it. To anyone new to this hobby that's what I recommend often, don't skimp on the antenna system as it's the heart of the system and without it you are pissing in the wind. Anyway enough with the bs. Have a great Sunday and god bless.

mjd420nova
04-06-2014, 07:07 PM
In the peak days, many had already abandoned the tube type amplifiers for the solid state devices. A pair of high power 50 watt finals drawing 15 amps on twelve volts was pretty common. Huge heat sinks. I modified the CMI 100 to use the higher power 100 watt devices but ran at up to 50 volts. Paired together with a forced air fan between their heatsinks. Ran very cool at 12 volts with 100 watts but over 300 PEP on SSB. On a base station with a Sorenson power supply at up to 60 volts and 50 amps it was clean and 400 watts, over a KW on SSB. Very clean but I backed it with a TVI filter barrel and another tunable filter before using MilSpec RG-214 coax. The base is a GE unit with a clipped loop for a band below and a band above the standard 40. The emergency unit is the early 80's Yaesu FT-101E. A stock unit bought in pieces in Akihabara district in Tokyo at the mfgrs outlet for pennies. Today, it all still works but all I have is a dummy load.