PDA

View Full Version : Long Shafts - for 555

noisemaker
04-26-2012, 09:58 PM
Hey 555 - here ya go! 18" lower shaft, 8" uppers - only 1/2 wrap but they are in "test" mode. Ill post results for ya.

High Voltage Mobile NJ
04-26-2012, 10:23 PM
bumper bumper. id like one with a big wide ass stinger on top ! we will talk tommorrow . :300 (115): i gotta get that stock over to you maybe tommorrow .

Silverado 996
05-02-2013, 08:50 PM
Hey 555 - here ya go! 18" lower shaft, 8" uppers - only 1/2 wrap but they are in "test" mode. Ill post results for ya.

Can you make one of these with a clearance of 30" from the base of the shank or shaft to the bottom of the coil? If so, can you PM me??

Thanks,

Silverad 996

619 NJ
05-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Dammit boy that would be a tall antenna !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverado 996
05-02-2013, 09:51 PM
Lol! Well..I need 22.50 inches to clear the roof line of my truck if its mounted in the same location as my current antenna. A 30
incher would put the bottom of the coil at 8" above the roof line of the cab. I'm doing pretty good with my current setup. I was just wondering if it can be made, plus how much it would cost.

:)

Your friend in the longhorn state...

Silverado 996 back quiet

619 NJ
05-02-2013, 09:53 PM
I'll leave that to Noizy, because I'm no antenna builder, but it just seems like it would be unwieldy.

Silverado 996
05-02-2013, 09:56 PM
Have you mounted your gunny yet?

619 NJ
05-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Not yet. Tomorrow I drop off a chunk of change to the current owner of the truck, and the 17th I give him the final payment and it comes home :) the first day I have off, I'm mounting that puck! Gotta pick up a cheapie soldering iron so I can do my pl259s. Just found out my good soldering station is broken :(

Silverado 996
05-02-2013, 10:07 PM
What the puck did you do to it? Haha. Can't wait to see some picture of the build. Just 15 more days, you getting antsy yet? I would be. It would be like the day before deer season kicks off, can't sleep and always thinking about it no matter how hard you try not 2. Am I right?

619 NJ
05-02-2013, 10:14 PM
You hit the nail on the head brother! I'm so antsy! I wish I had the all money right now! I still have to order another puck and another antenna. I'm thinking I may wait on that though. And I need to get a box...and an alternator. Lol. I'm looking at a dc power engineering xp series alt. 270amps at about 1800 rpm and 200 at idle. But the downside is that it is almost $600!!! As far as the soldering station, the heating element needs to be replaced. Having difficulty finding a replacement for a 60 watt station that's good to 900 degrees. I have 50 feet of times microwave lmr400 ultraflex to make jumpers and such.

Silverado 996
05-03-2013, 11:21 AM
Damn it, I don't personally have the knowledge of the keydown rigs like your building, right? I just run small 1 or 2 pill amps and stock radios and get my SwR's down low as possible. But it sounds like you have a good game plan for what you want to do. The only reason why I run a glass whip is because its a top load antenna, so the coil is 3 feet above my cab. So it talks / receives very well. If I plan on running an external coil antenna the coil will need to be 6 to 8" above the roof line. None of my friends run them so I can't experiment with one.

Good luck buddy make sure to post pictures as the build shifts into gear. People like can me learn a lot from them. BREAKER BREAKA

619 NJ
05-03-2013, 11:23 AM
Will do man :) no keydown truck for me, just a fun toy. ;)

Silverado 996
05-03-2013, 01:48 PM
What kind/size of amp are you going to be running?

619 NJ
05-03-2013, 01:51 PM
For the meantime, I'm going to get a Dave made 1x4. Next year I hope to get a 2x12. Bump bump!

Silverado 996
05-03-2013, 02:44 PM
Man you ain't "ducking" around. :)

619 NJ
05-03-2013, 03:14 PM
Remember one thing, being a duck is not about power. It's attitude. I don't care how many thousands if watts you are pushing; if you are a know it all who knows nothing, and acts like a jackass, you are a duck. And that's the bottom line because 619 said so ;) hahahaha

Silverado 996
05-03-2013, 04:13 PM
Lol! Too funny! Well said 619, well said. Read my last message and replace the "d" with an f. That's what I meant. I hope you did think I was calling you a duck, did you?

619 NJ
05-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Not at all, my brother! And even if you did, I'm not. So it doesn't matter! Hahaha

High Voltage Mobile NJ
05-03-2013, 04:26 PM
lol :watermelon:

Silverado 996
05-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Lmao!! That's a big 10-4, 619!

Fletcher Munson
05-09-2013, 11:08 AM
I am calling all of you ducks. Ducks. Tee Hee

ask yourself........................ AM I RIGHT??? HAHA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdagRgyYEWU

High Voltage Mobile NJ
05-09-2013, 12:48 PM
I am calling all of you ducks. Ducks. Tee Hee

ask yourself........................ AM I RIGHT??? HAHA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdagRgyYEWU sounds like 631 Billy is ready to key at egg harbor . lots of luck to ya . lol lol lol :nono:

Fletcher Munson
05-09-2013, 07:55 PM
sounds like 631 Billy is ready to key at egg harbor . lots of luck to ya . lol lol lol :nono:

Sounds like you are gay. Hey Jesse how does it feel to know you will never key on me? :300 (278):

Fletcher Munson
05-09-2013, 08:02 PM
sounds like 631 Billy is ready to key at egg harbor . lots of luck to ya . lol lol lol :nono:
P.S. where were you last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVq0wuKWziw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j79Z4CMIGXo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZR96rWcZgM

These are all videos of me beating people on the line in my big black badass RDX Suburban. Yo Jesse, you suck. You got nothin on the caffeine machine.

Silverado 996
05-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Damn it! Do you knock birds out of the sky with all of that power??

Silverado 996
05-09-2013, 08:41 PM
I think with you running power like that, you could call NASA a mudduck!! I've been watching you videos on the tube for a while before you posted these on here. Your not running a stock chevy small block are you??

Silverado 996
05-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Wtf?? How did it double post?? Damn iPhone!!

High Voltage Mobile NJ
05-09-2013, 09:03 PM
P.S. where were you last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVq0wuKWziw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j79Z4CMIGXo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZR96rWcZgM

These are all videos of me beating people on the line in my big black badass RDX Suburban. Yo Jesse, you suck. You got nothin on the caffeine machine.the funny thing !!! you buy tommy T Watts old truck from 666 then you paint in black , then you drive it down to florida and put all them alternators in . you still don't no how to key . you wont key with none of the ny boys . ZAPPCO is going to get you this year . your just a glorified john tommy t watt bandcamper that don't no crap . you will learn the hard way like everybody else did . :dance:

High Voltage Mobile NJ
05-09-2013, 09:08 PM
with the help of team dave made bandcamp . hmmmmmmmmmm that looks like concrete mans antenna system also . that a 5/8 wave antenna system . :fish2::sleeping:

Silverado 996
05-09-2013, 09:16 PM
@ High Voltage...

How many watts to the big boys like T-Bird run??

High Voltage Mobile NJ
05-09-2013, 09:22 PM
100,000 watts him and smalldriver have 100,000 watt slugs that just about get pegged in the corner . :tennis:

Silverado 996
05-09-2013, 09:44 PM
100,000 watts him and smalldriver have 100,000 watt slugs that just about get pegged in the corner . :tennis:

Holy Shit!! I get nervous running a freakin 2 pill and these guys can power up a subdivision?? Haha! I would never thought key down rigs ran that much power. Then again, I don't know much about them but what I've seen on YouTube.

High Voltage Mobile NJ
05-09-2013, 09:51 PM
its crazy shit . :sleeping:

Fletcher Munson
05-09-2013, 11:29 PM
Meanwhile last time I saw high voltage he was bragging about putting a 1000 watt slug in the corner with his setup. lol... He is a duck. For the record just about every bit of information you just spewed about myself and what I have was incorrect... lol have a good one

High Voltage Mobile NJ
05-10-2013, 08:45 AM
meanwhile last time i saw high voltage he was bragging about putting a 1000 watt slug in the corner with his setup. Lol... He is a duck. For the record just about every bit of information you just spewed about myself and what i have was incorrect... Lol have a good one did you receive any trophies ? Lets see em . Lol

High Voltage Mobile NJ
05-10-2013, 08:47 AM
meanwhile last time i saw high voltage he was bragging about putting a 1000 watt slug in the corner with his setup. Lol... He is a duck. For the record just about every bit of information you just spewed about myself and what i have was incorrect... Lol have a good one your mistaken you boyfriend john on u tube used to brag about putting a 1000 watt slug in the corner. I use at least a 2500 slug . Lol lol lol you gotta no your facts dude .:300 (156):

Fletcher Munson
05-10-2013, 06:35 PM
your mistaken you boyfriend john on u tube used to brag about putting a 1000 watt slug in the corner. I use at least a 2500 slug . Lol lol lol you gotta no your facts dude .:300 (156):

Cool. I use a 25,000 watt slug. You'rea mud duck, now quack along.

Fletcher Munson
05-10-2013, 06:37 PM
did you receive any trophies ? Lets see em . Lol

Nope. But at least I was out there keying the AC classes. beat everyone except mule head, too. He had a much much bigger box then me. Not bad for my first time. You are a sideline sissy, you don't even key AC or DC except 1 antenna duck class. Have a seat and watch how the big boys do it. Maybe one day you will have a real CB setup. But I doubt you are smart enough to een get an AC truck to run, so I doubt it.

High Voltage Mobile NJ
05-10-2013, 08:15 PM
Nope. But at least I was out there keying the AC classes. beat everyone except mule head, too. He had a much much bigger box then me. Not bad for my first time. You are a sideline sissy, you don't even key AC or DC except 1 antenna duck class. Have a seat and watch how the big boys do it. Maybe one day you will have a real CB setup. But I doubt you are smart enough to een get an AC truck to run, so I doubt it. I guess I should say congratulations to concrete man and your fellow bandcampers for letting you buy there amplifiers and the famous antenna system , hmmmmmmmmmmm all it takes is money anyone can buy it and do it . your just the local duck from nj. did you key with Skyhawk or 78 out of ny or beetle juice . I guess it don't matter because you get what you paid for . one of the best antenna systems I no of besides cool breeze's . but nothing for nothing your still a young punk that will fuck it up one day and someone else will take over . when you start going to national breaks like cool breeze does , then I give ya some pom poms . lol lol ps. your in the wrong post by the way . :300 (244):

Fletcher Munson
05-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Lol. Thats how you can tell this duck has never seen any real watts. He thinks you just buy and amp and antenna and It magically runs. Theres alot more to setting up a keydown truck then just the box and antenna retard. Truck ran over 20k bird perfectly. You ducks are trying to chase down rf problems at 1000 watt power levels. Imagine trying to run 20k what kinda problems there would be? I set that whole truck up by myself and went thru all of the legwork so You can suck my cock. Hey jesse..... Youre running amps you bought off some guy and a store bought antenna. I dont see your point. Lol..... What

Fletcher Munson
05-11-2013, 11:59 AM
Lol. Thats how you can tell this duck has never seen any real watts. He thinks you just buy and amp and antenna and It magically runs. Theres alot more to setting up a keydown truck then just the box and antenna retard. Truck ran over 20k bird perfectly. You ducks are trying to chase down rf problems at 1000 watt power levels. Imagine trying to run 20k what kinda problems there would be? I set that whole truck up by myself and went thru all of the legwork so You can suck my cock. Hey jesse..... Youre running amps you bought off some guy and a store bought antenna. I dont see your point. Lol..... What

Not to mention re-tuning the antennas to work on my truck with different puck positions. Lol theres hv's stupidity coming out again. He thinks you can just take an antenna off one vehicle and slap it on another and it's gonna be dialed in. What a retard. Shit was alot of work.

High Voltage Mobile NJ
05-11-2013, 08:10 PM
Lol. Thats how you can tell this duck has never seen any real watts. He thinks you just buy and amp and antenna and It magically runs. Theres alot more to setting up a keydown truck then just the box and antenna retard. Truck ran over 20k bird perfectly. You ducks are trying to chase down rf problems at 1000 watt power levels. Imagine trying to run 20k what kinda problems there would be? I set that whole truck up by myself and went thru all of the legwork so You can suck my cock. Hey jesse..... Youre running amps you bought off some guy and a store bought antenna. I dont see your point. Lol..... What your not that smart enough or have the patience to do it yourself my point was . you depend on a fellow davemade bandcamper that's not allow to key anymore in the circuit at chargers break , that's why your in there. enjoy your fame for the time being . come out there some time and talk skip with us dude . come on the superbowl with that wagon mobile . I dought its for endurance and long keys on the bowl . just make sure you got a full tank of gas . hell If I had all them watts . I could come out there with one or 2 antenna's and whip the snot out of ya in skip land . lol lol lol I guess both of us will have to wait until I get a bigger AC Box. lol :couch2:

High Voltage Mobile NJ
05-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Not to mention re-tuning the antennas to work on my truck with different puck positions. Lol theres hv's stupidity coming out again. He thinks you can just take an antenna off one vehicle and slap it on another and it's gonna be dialed in. What a retard. Shit was alot of work. and they told you where to put them pucks to . lol lol lol so u had to drill some holes . lol lol pleaseeeeeeeee billy . lol lol lol :help:

Fletcher Munson
05-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Tommy 2 Watt drilled those holes and mounted those pucks years ago, not me. I adapted the system to the truck. You are a mental cripple. Lol. As fun as this is I'm sorry I have to leave you hanging. Bye it was fun! If you want me I'll be at MAULDROPPERS.com

High Voltage Mobile NJ
05-13-2013, 05:18 PM
Tommy 2 Watt drilled those holes and mounted those pucks years ago, not me. I adapted the system to the truck. You are a mental cripple. Lol. As fun as this is I'm sorry I have to leave you hanging. Bye it was fun! If you want me I'll be at MAULDROPPERS.com im done playing with ya Billy . I cant go to mauldroppers.com. they banned me for being straight . im not welcome there. see ya bye bye bye bye bye . :crutch::hug::300 (273)::flypig:

Silverado 996
05-13-2013, 05:53 PM
And victory goes to High Voltage!!! Lol!

High Voltage Mobile NJ
05-13-2013, 06:46 PM
lol lol lol

Silverado 996
05-13-2013, 06:55 PM
Haha! You sent him back to Balldroppers!!

High Voltage Mobile NJ
05-13-2013, 10:16 PM
Haha! You sent him back to Balldroppers!! lol lol lol :crutch: