PDA

View Full Version : Blue Ghost Mounts ...

D-MAX 2112
06-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Gents

Anyone using Blueghost brackets for leeces in there burban??

i just got my blueghost mount 3 large case leeces and AC. and im a little baffled... 1 - if the leece front tab mounts to the bracket there is a big gap between brkt and the rear tab .. so do i have to make a big spacer to make up that gap?
Other Mystery is the top brkt. Just kinda hangs out on top?.. or does that top brkt need some support bracket ?

Thanks

coolbreeze
06-05-2012, 10:09 PM
i made spacers for between the channel, and off the back for extra strength.

D-MAX 2112
06-06-2012, 05:35 PM
I had it on the bench breeze i think i see how it goes...just have to hope a chop saw can cut the spacer material straight. Top bracket bracing might be a challenge . I have my old race car chassis builder lined up to help.. just want to get everything we need so i can get it done in a day.

doughboy
06-10-2012, 07:26 AM
for the prices he wants they should be bolt no mods needed the one for my truck he want just under 900 and its still universal junk

High Voltage Mobile NJ
06-10-2012, 10:24 AM
thank you . thats right . :bump2:

D-MAX 2112
06-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Yeap i agree Doughboy.. i tried mounting the bracket.. the flange to mount to the cylinder head, the bolt hole pattern wont line up.. only 2 bolts of the 3 will go in.. off about 1/2 the dia of the 3/8ths bolt that has to go in there. Sucks because have to keep moving the ac lines..scary as you know they arent designed to be moved to much.. total cluster fuck..
I at least figured i would get the bracket mounted and 1 alt dummied up ..but no....

Beercanman
08-01-2012, 04:13 PM
From what I understand about BlueGhost, he's been working hard on improving the quality of his mounting systems. He's also very customer friendly and is willing to help you through any difficulties you may encounter. I haven't dealt with him personally but I know people who have and they seemed very satisfied with his more recent product.

D-MAX 2112
08-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Im sure hes trying but he has a long way to go. He helps to a point then when it gets technical he shuts down and doesnt offer any info. If your selling something aka 4 alt plus ac bracket... 93 burban... then someone must have had do it once somewhere, right..?. So a photo must exisit somewhere or a dwg? No just a "wing it" attitude
After getting the fixes/modifycations done just to get the mount bolted to the head.. it was a spiral of Obstacles..none of which that couldnt be overcome.. but when asked he would act like its the first time he heard of the issue. Like the temp sender hitting an Alt.. no way someone else didnt run into this. He would act like it was shocking. No provision for a belt tensioner either.
Maybe im the only one in the country with 4 alt with ac bracket for a 93 burban. I dont know..
Also..The entire bracket needs an entire other bracket fab'd just to remove the huge flex in the bracket.. its very weak.
So while maybe hes trying.. if your going to use his bracket beware !.. Have a welder. plasma cutter, tubing bender, drills, die grinder. different type temp sender, bunch of 1/2 in fittings to relocate the temp sender. Wire to extend the ac harness. ditch your air cleaner - it wont fit, relocate the battery,and evap canister, be ready to remove the bracket to modify for a belt tensioner.. no provision for one so the belt "slaps" welding plasma cutting required, If you using Air cond,, the compressor electrical connector has no provision.. you need to knotch the bracket,plasma cutter required.
I could keep going but i think the point is clear

Thanks
Keith 2112

rdx horn killa!!

Beercanman
08-01-2012, 07:11 PM
I see you had problems, and I understand your frustrations. I was just saying his stuff is not all bad.
I'm back in the bushes.

D-MAX 2112
08-01-2012, 07:16 PM
All done now .. we will see how it does when i key the davemade...if it throws the belt off.. im gonna drive out west to blueghost and throw it thru his window!

doughboy
08-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Lol by the time you go through that mess do what i did go to tractor supply by some angle iron a few nice 1/2" hole 1 inch bearings for rollers measure cut weld done and its alot stronger then that ghost stuff is before you brace it up unfortunatly air cleaner box removal is a necessity as well as one battery

D-MAX 2112
08-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Hello.Doughboy

Well i was at that point of no return.. so i kept moving fwd. All done now. Took 3x longer then i expected. and cost 275 more with all the changes and all. But your right ..live and learn.

blueghost
08-29-2012, 08:38 PM
Hmm you seemed to leave a few things out. You wanted a bracket to hold 4 ad244s and I didn't carry one. I spent several weeks making one to hold 4 ad244s and run the rest of the truck on one belt. I made the setup a complete kit all parts included for $500. After a few weeks went buy he calls and says he decided to go a different way, he came across a deal on some leeces. I could have told him to get F***** after all the time and money I spent on the setup I made but I didn't. I tell him I have 2 brackets that could be used and they are not complete kits. He decides to go with the 3alt and air but wants to run everything on one belt. I have one person who has done this and have a pic of the setup. I send a pic of the setup to him on how the other person has done it as I never have. He was told he would need to add braces to the bracket for support and this wasn't a problem. I had given him support on issues that arose and havent heard from him since June. The bracket was made to be able to mount several different style alts gm,small leeces, big case leeces, electrodyne. In a perfect world you could order a bracket for any type of alternator with what ever pully you had on it and it would all run on one belt. The reallity is the bracket was made so the user could install different style alts and the installer would have to make the spacers to compensate for different style cases and pulleys. This would be the reason the stereo places only sell multi alt brackets for one style alt. Its the same case every time no changes for different alts. I will be in NJ come May if you would like to discuss it further in person.
Hello.Doughboy

Well i was at that point of no return.. so i kept moving fwd. All done now. Took 3x longer then i expected. and cost 275 more with all the changes and all. But your right ..live and learn.

BIGDADDY
08-30-2012, 09:56 AM
I just love it when people get on here and bash without telling the whole truth !!!! Kinda tells the rest of us who the person doing the bashing is alllll about !!!

Beercanman
08-30-2012, 10:56 AM
2112 is a shit talker, no doubt about it.

Sent from my Dave Made mobile phone.

D-MAX 2112
08-30-2012, 08:59 PM
Dan..

The reason I went a diff direction was it was taking months for you just to get the plate cut. I orig contacted you in Mid-feb early. In May you where re making it because it was too thin.
Then the photo you sent was of a motor on a stand no way that setup could work in the burb. Not a chance not even close.
I didn't request to go 1 belt. If that was a problem then just tell me. If you said no good for 1 belt I would have gone your direction.
Basically i told you I never installed a brkt before all i asked was.. "tell me what's involved" instead it was like "discovery. It's ok I learned a lot.
When someone asks "what's involved" tell them. This way they arent blindsided by the 10 or 15 points of re-engineering.
Also maybe a mock up the brkt to be sure things are ok.
Even if you shared generalizations. Would have been fine.
Again its all setup and works now. If you would like photos no problem. I can also rehearse every mod needed to the brkt to help someone out. This way it's easier for them.
Im not going to go into the other crap that was wrong.. im past it..

D-MAX 2112
08-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Biily your the king of talking shit.. so f-off scumbag.

Beercanman
08-30-2012, 09:43 PM
Who's Billy?

blueghost
08-31-2012, 11:11 AM
Keith I told you I had never made a bracket for the 244s for your suburban and it would take a while. As of right now I only know of one person that makes one to fit on that truck and its only a plate that bolts to the stock spot. In desighning a new bracket I have to have someone with the software make a auto cadd or solid works file of the design. Then I need to take it and have a place laser cut the part for me. Not a easy task to have a company stop production to run 1 sample. So I wait till its ran then I can attempt to mount and see what changes need to be made. Make the necessary changes and wait for another sample to be cut. It took 4 different samples before I was ready to cut the stock out of 3/8 stock. The bracket was made and finished in May. I am not sure how you could say it wouldn't fit in the suburban " not even close" when you haven't tried. I will post the same pic hear next week when I get back home. I had recently I made changes to the file and had a sample for 4 leeces in the spots of the 244s. I will post a pic of that also as its on my truck now. Here is I couple of setups you could have viewed at any time for your generalization. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54_i4mnYckc , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ7_HYtWS0Q . Both trucks I did the installs on using the same brackets I sell. The bracket you have is the same channel just cut in half. I pretty much tell anyone who buys the brackets to look I the installs to see how things get mounted. Instead of a alt the air is in one of the spots, not really that big of a change.

High Voltage Mobile NJ
08-31-2012, 01:51 PM
Listen Blueghost your stuff does not line up correctly at all period !!!!!!!! there alot of people that are tired of your bullshit and all your doing is making people hate the way you do buisness with one another . the customer always comes first , so please dont baffle us with anymore bullshit in here !!!!! its not that much of a big deal putting different alternators on a bracket !!!!!! the big thing is the dam bracket has to line up on the engine block period !!! everyone i no that has a blughost bracket has to use washers behind it and shim it , and it never comes out right . dont twist things up here blueghost . and stop telling people you have a pair of 20's . we never heard you out there on the superbowl at all . change your evil ways , and do what the right thing for all of us cbers . word of mouth is very grand for excellent customer support . you just dont sell someone a bracket and say here ya go with no instructions or no confidence . more has to be done with your tooling process at the shop . get back to the books and tell me how you fixed the problem , ok . thank you from us real cbers ! :bump2:

doughboy
09-01-2012, 03:46 PM
well i have never used one myself but have seen one in another truck and it was ok it worked but for the cost i was not impressed seem very overpriced i mean unless your cutting them on a ban saw or something i mean if you have nice cnc machine it should be a piece of cake to make them once you have the first one made ok you have R & D cost but they should be covered pretty quick at 500 and up for a bracket if its a first run custom someone wants ok i get it you have to figure it out lots of R & D mockups whatever but really 3hrs time and some steel i can make it by hand and install from scratch which is what i did and it is rock solid so i wil not sit here and say your brackets are crap but they are over priced for what they are but dont worry its not just you everyone overprices their shit cause its a special market and they can

D-MAX 2112
09-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Dan

The photo i was refering to that wouldnt work was the one in someones basement with the 3 alts and no ac. I love some of these bandcampers that have no idea of anything and "chime in about fact knowing" what a bunch of jackasses.
I belive you took too long with the orig ad setup - and the leece deal came about. Im not the person to hang out waiting. When someone says "take awhile" im thinking 2-3 weeks. Not months. I have something i want to accomplish and to hang around waiting to give someone 500-700 dollars is not the way i do biz.
With all said.. if you want to discuss this further ..call me. or PM me and i will resend my number.. you still have it right?
All the jackwagons that have no idea and just chime in trying to stir up crap..i have no time for it.

Keith 2112

D-MAX 2112
09-02-2012, 10:25 AM
I like the second link setup.. but its nothing i could use to relate to the bracket i have other then which side the alts are on i guess. for an 8 rib-2 belt setup setup .. i couldnt see if its the same brkt - the year of the burb is different vortec setup and i have Throttle body.. the diff is the orig setup has most of the acc.. ac.. ect in diff locations to start with. But these are nice setups.. in the video i cant really determine the "extra support brkt" arrangement.
Have you considered a provision for a universal belt tensioner?.. i think that would help alot.. people i know have issues with there ghost setups belts slipping squealing. By doing a tensioner your belt tension isnt set on killer tight ..helping alt brgs to last longer/power sterring pumps/ water pumps. I know this isnt easy to engineer.. but i did the rough engineering and had a welder friend mount it.. took him 20 min and me 1 hr to scratch it down on paper.. but 3 hrs to search through a sea of tensioners to find the right one.
We will see what happens .. dual belt may have to happen depending how it works when i key. Statically runs well..ive put a bunch of miles on it.
Again i learned alot..im not worried if i have to do it again sometime. I will know what to have on hand this way it doesnt take so long.

Beercanman
09-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Dan

The photo i was refering to that wouldnt work was the one in someones basement with the 3 alts and no ac. I love some of these bandcampers that have no idea of anything and "chime in about fact knowing" what a bunch of jackasses.
I belive you took too long with the orig ad setup - and the leece deal came about. Im not the person to hang out waiting. When someone says "take awhile" im thinking 2-3 weeks. Not months. I have something i want to accomplish and to hang around waiting to give someone 500-700 dollars is not the way i do biz.
With all said.. if you want to discuss this further ..call me. or PM me and i will resend my number.. you still have it right?
All the jackwagons that have no idea and just chime in trying to stir up crap..i have no time for it.

Keith 2112

How are either of the first two posts I made "shit stirring"? Maybe you should take a chill pill and learn to have a friendly debate.

High Voltage Mobile NJ
09-02-2012, 10:56 PM
How are either of the first two posts I made "shit stirring"? Maybe you should take a chill pill and learn to have a friendly debate.

631 sit ya ass tool bag down already . no crosstalking , no mudducks , and no bandcampers aloud . :argue:

Beercanman
09-03-2012, 07:47 AM
I'm not 631 dumbass, now move on.

Zapco_powered
09-03-2012, 10:27 AM
I guess in order to run a blue ghost bracket you need to know what you are doing.
Maybe its a new jersey thing.
I never had a problem.
I see many many others that's say they are great also.
Seems like its the new jersey people that seem to have a problem.
Hey I guess some people are just not smart enough.

D-MAX 2112
09-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Nice Zap!! i was a zap fan at the keydown... Dont dis the whole state because you got beat. And Bandcamping for Ghost is something i would expect ..same with fatboy from ya..
Its all ok... i havent heard ya in DX land ..do you go by Zapco or something else?..ive never heard a zapco out there?
Dont let the sour part of other fourms bleed over here. This generally is a friendly site... recently some crap has snuck thru but hard to get rid of the junk!

High Voltage Mobile NJ
09-03-2012, 12:51 PM
I guess in order to run a blue ghost bracket you need to know what you are doing.
Maybe its a new jersey thing.
I never had a problem.
I see many many others that's say they are great also.
Seems like its the new jersey people that seem to have a problem.
Hey I guess some people are just not smart enough.

hey hey now what a cotton pickin minute lol lol !!!!!!!!! u might of had good luck with it but not any of us at all had good luck with it . the tooling in the bracket is way different now, and the fucking holes do not line up period to the engine block . so thats a stupid ass comment that you wrote about not being smart enough . when your god dam paying for something that god dam expensive it better dam fit properly period !!!!! i can call up nations and his brackets fit just perfect , and its a done deal , even on a vortex motor . :horn:

doughboy
09-03-2012, 01:20 PM
More or less how i feel sure i can buy the bracket and cut and adjust it weld it whatever needs to be done no biggie but at a premium price it should be bolt on and go plug and play however you want to put it

blueghost
09-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Well you made me go look voltage, yep I have a pair of 20s but don't take my word for it call Blue Gill in Chicago he built it. As far as the brackets they are all welded on a engine.

Listen Blueghost your stuff does not line up correctly at all period !!!!!!!! there alot of people that are tired of your bullshit and all your doing is making people hate the way you do buisness with one another . the customer always comes first , so please dont baffle us with anymore bullshit in here !!!!! its not that much of a big deal putting different alternators on a bracket !!!!!! the big thing is the dam bracket has to line up on the engine block period !!! everyone i no that has a blughost bracket has to use washers behind it and shim it , and it never comes out right . dont twist things up here blueghost . and stop telling people you have a pair of 20's . we never heard you out there on the superbowl at all . change your evil ways , and do what the right thing for all of us cbers . word of mouth is very grand for excellent customer support . you just dont sell someone a bracket and say here ya go with no instructions or no confidence . more has to be done with your tooling process at the shop . get back to the books and tell me how you fixed the problem , ok . thank you from us real cbers ! :bump2:

doughboy
09-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Well you made me go look voltage, yep I have a pair of 20s but don't take my word for it call Blue Gill in Chicago he built it. As far as the brackets they are all welded on a engine.

They are all welded on a engine what exactly do you mean by that?
because i know your not welding them to a cast engine block or the heads or the intake manifold do you mean fabricated on an engine block? If thats what you mean theres many variations of the 350 do you have one of each?

blueghost
09-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Well here is the pacs I said I would post the far left is the 4 ad244 that would never fit no way in a suburban. The bottom plate on the far left is the ad24. The top ard mods I made for leeces. The

blueghost
09-03-2012, 05:28 PM
I have pre cut head plates that are bolted to the heads then the brackets are welded to them. The head pattern for a 350 is the same from the 80,s all the way to 99. I have two 350's one of a 87 the other a 97 the head pattern is the same. So when I make the final welds it is on the block there should be real difference from a customers engine.

They are all welded on a engine what exactly do you mean by that?
because i know your not welding them to a cast engine block or the heads or the intake manifold do you mean fabricated on an engine block? If thats what you mean theres many variations of the 350 do you have one of each?

doughboy
09-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Well from the pics that looks pretty bolt and go but the one you had for my vortec with 6 leece Was more involved with some custom fabbing involved so for the price i just went from scratch had your kit been bolt and go i would have paid that price for the convenience but since it was more involved i didnt see it being worth it maybe im just cheap ass

High Voltage Mobile NJ
09-03-2012, 09:37 PM

just as i thought !!!!!! the tubes are still lying around on someones pool table !!!!!!!! lol lol lol lol lol
put the tubes in the amplifier and start keying already , loll ol loll oll ol :horn:

blueghost
09-04-2012, 06:33 AM
One truck is already setup. I could take the 3s out and put the 20s in, I just don't have that bug or fever to run out and talk all day in my truck. If I was in my 20s with no obligations and kids I would be right there. So if that doesn't make me a cber any more oh well but I have a pile of amps ac and dc I have no need to lie about it. So you keep talking on the radio everyday waiting to get your name called, it will happen.

just as i thought !!!!!! the tubes are still lying around on someones pool table !!!!!!!! lol lol lol lol lol
put the tubes in the amplifier and start keying already , loll ol loll oll ol :horn:

D-MAX 2112
09-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Man Ghost your thick!!.. i said the pic of the motor in the basement would never work.. geeze get with it will Ya! Not AD 244 brkt...

D-MAX 2112
09-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Cant open these links..i get

vBulletin MessageInvalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator (http://www.cbjunkies.com/sendmessage.php)

High Voltage Mobile NJ
09-04-2012, 04:49 PM
One truck is already setup. I could take the 3s out and put the 20s in, I just don't have that bug or fever to run out and talk all day in my truck. If I was in my 20s with no obligations and kids I would be right there. So if that doesn't make me a cber any more oh well but I have a pile of amps ac and dc I have no need to lie about it. So you keep talking on the radio everyday waiting to get your name called, it will happen.

dude your ff nutssssssssssssss . i hold the super down with my talk show all the time , thank you very much . dont be a hater , hate the game blue ghost , loll ol lol :300 (130):

Zapco_powered
09-05-2012, 07:04 PM
dude your ff nutssssssssssssss . i hold the super down with my talk show all the time , thank you very much . dont be a hater , hate the game blue ghost , loll ol lol :300 (130):

Hold it down?
More like everyone keying on you and laughing that you have no clue.
LoL!!!

High Voltage Mobile NJ
09-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Hold it down?
More like everyone keying on you and laughing that you have no clue.
LoL!!!

i do not think so son !!!!!!!!!! pack ya bags mudduck :300 (241): no bandcamping here .

Beercanman
09-06-2012, 06:45 AM
i do not think so son !!!!!!!!!! pack ya bags mudduck :300 (241): no bandcamping here .

Said the head bandcamper.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8qZdxCFzP8&feature=plcp

High Voltage Mobile NJ
09-06-2012, 05:46 PM
lol , the good all days . :300 (132): lol .